Stuck at boot time, with file not found

Hello,
I have a Colibri iMX6DL with some hardware that came preconfigured.
I was able to do some basic applications and upload for testing, first by copy the executable file from USB stick, then from Visual Studio with ActiveSync.
Something happen, and now I am not able to start the system sucessfully. It is booting into a white console screen and display following:

Pocket CMD v7.0:
FlashDisk\System\file.bat: File not found.

I am not able to use keyboard or mouse, mouse cursor movement works but click do nothing when used with menu or close X box.
The system had a shortcut in the AutoRun section that was linking to that file, and I did not tampered with that file or delete anything.
I tried shift key during startup and screen remains black. I guess some initialization of capacitive screen is skip as well…
I tried to log in thru web interface. I connected to LAN, got the admin password setting. I created a second user, just for backup, then I shared all I cound find available and setting the proper access to both admin and my custom user. It was working that session. I could read a do some kind of backup of what was shared. Then it did not worked anymore, after power on. The password I set is not accespted for either admin or my second user.

It does not look like system is corrupted, still I am not able to use the platform anymore. Not doing anything that appear dangerous, just copy and activesync from visual studio.

Is there anything I can do to fix it, without trying the serial flashing, which I consider dangerous?

Thanks,
Ovidiu A.

What version of the image are you using? 1.1 beta 2?

Keeping shift pressed on a USB keyboard should allow you to bypass auto execution.
You can also try to connect via serial port.

You can press space on the serial console and then “C” to clear the registry (you may lose some custom configuration) and “X” to enter the boot console.

Then type:

preparefs

cleanfs

reboot

This should remove apps from flashdisk and allow you to start from default settings.

Bootloader is 1.1 beta 2.
Shift key bypass auto execution but I am not able to see anything on my capacitive touch display. The screen remains black, as I already said.
I was able to see serial menu, but, are these options safe to use for my case (custom carrier & display)? Will I lose any factory setting permanently?
I trying to avoid losing time to send the board back to manufacturer for software repair.
Is the fresh clean machine able to boot safely with the display I have? Even if I lose temporarely the touch feature.

If you reset to factory default the device will boot with VGA (640x480) resolution and timings and will use pin 71 for backlight/display enable. Some displays (like EDT in our shop) are compatible with this setup, other aren’t. I couldn’t tell you for sure.
Can you please post here the output you get from serial console?

[00]Toradex Bootloader 1.1 BETA 2 for Colibri Built Jul 12 2016
Splash screen is enabled.
Using 10MB of IPU memory and 48MB of GPU memory.
Board: Colibri iMX6 DualLite 512MB
CPU is running at 984000MHz.
Using eMMC boot partition (size: 4096 sectors).
Initializing L2 Cache.

Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu

Initiating image launch in 2 seconds. [08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08]1 seconds. [08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08]0 seconds. 
System ready!
Preparing for download...
Loading compressed image...
Reading image from sector 40962.
Extracting 42894804 bytes from compressed image of 23481217 bytes

Done.
Launching image at 10200000.

Do you see any splash screen at boot?
Can you set to press space and then x and type:
set dbg.serial 1
save dbg
reboot
This should add some messages to the output.

I don’t see the splash screen. From black screen, it open an window with File,Edit,Help menu, that appear a text editor or a console window, no title bar, but I can see the X button on the right side of the menu bar. Also, the window has a scroll bar on the right side, even I do not see a reason for it, since only two lines are there. No mouse action works on the window.
I can enter the boot menu, enter x, and get the prompt “>”.
Anything I write after, I am not able to see the prompt again. Is this normal?
I tried above command, and also separate as given to this link: Enable the debug messages | Toradex Developer Center
I restarted the machine from power plug, reboot command did nothing. The normal output of serial console is the same.

I had LF, not CRLF as terminator, once I changed that, I can get propt back.
Here is the new log:
Toradex Bootloader 1.1 BETA 2 for Colibri Built Jul 12 2016
Splash screen is enabled.
Using 10MB of IPU memory and 48MB of GPU memory.
Board: Colibri iMX6 DualLite 512MB
CPU is running at 984000MHz.
Using eMMC boot partition (size: 4096 sectors).
Initializing L2 Cache.

Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu

Initiating image launch in 2 seconds. [08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08]1 seconds. [08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08][08]0 seconds. 
System ready!
Preparing for download...
Loading compressed image...
Reading image from sector 40962.
Extracting 42894804 bytes from compressed image of 23481217 bytes

Done.
Launching image at 10200000.

IMAGE(CE7): 1.1 BETA 2
Colibri iMX6 DualLite 512MB
SMP support enabled
Detected 2 CPUs
Waiting for 2 CPUs
 CPU0 is started
 CPU1 is started
PID:00400003 TID:00510002 Registry - loading version 47 from 16386.
PID:00400002 TID:01930056 Multiplexing must be specified for non standard SPI port.
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 Port is used for OS debug! 
PID:00400002 TID:03720006 Ethernet: Auto-negotiation is on
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 Waiting for flash disk \FlashDisk for 60 seconds
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 Folder mounted
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 GALCORE 4.6.9(9754) (Sep 19 2014 12:09:40)
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 Major GPU: SysIntr=33 MemBases=0x130000 MMU Version=0
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 2D GPU: SysIntr=34 MemBases=0x134000 MMU Version=0
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 VG GPU: SysIntr=35 MemBases=0x2204000
PID:00400003 TID:01930056 Video memory: BaseAddress=0x0 PhysBase=0x1aa40000 size=0x3000000 physSize=0x0
PID:052A0017 TID:05310016 RTC Time restored (26.10.2016 18:56:59)
PID:052A0017 TID:05310016 RTCSync: Completed.

The console window seems to be an application that is launched at boot.
What’s written inside it?
Can you connect a keyboard to your device and keep the left shift key pressed during boot? This will prevent the app from starting.
And then you can see what’s inside flashdisk\autorun
From where did you get this module? This is not the expected behaviour of our default images.

This seems to be a regular boot. The OS is working as expected and, from what you say, also the screen works (touch doesn’t).

In the console window is written the message from topic description “FlashDisk\System\file.bat: File not found.” the filename is actually “reinit_touch.bat”, not “file.bat”.
Shift key, at boot time, I tried, the screeen remain black if I use it. I think I mention this before. I assume that screen and touch initalization goes together. If I skip one, the other is not working either. Since screen works, if I don’t use shift key, and it doesn’t, if I use shift, I assume there are more than that missing bat file that is also skipped.
Our client choose this platform for a medical echipment. We are still in the phase if this is what we need for the final product. I think the company from where the carrier and the display came from is Data Modul (Embedded Computing | Toradex Hardware Service Partners)

I was able to save some files from internal storage, that were available thru network share. I can show the content of the bat file that is declared missing, or config file. Thru share, the files were avaiable thru “FlashDisk2” mount name, not “FlashDisk”, which had only one folder, no files in root folder.
I am not able to access thru network now. I worked only once, after I was setting up the password. Then it rejected my password, after power down. Can I reset the network configuration in the stage I am? I am locked thru network access too. What are the chances to lose both boot initialization and network access, at very close time frame, doing normal stuff, like: copy from stick to internal storage, upload program thru ActiveSync, setting a sytem password?

It seems that the device has issues mounting the internal flash, but it’s not easy to understand what happens. If flash is not accessible it should also not read registry, but this seems to be working.
Can you ping the device? Or you have no network connectivity at all?

I had two mounted devices, one was name “FlashDisk” and had one folder (not remember what was the name) with no files in the root folder, and another one, “FlashDisk2”, which had multiple folders and files in root folder. The FlashDisk2 appears to have all the required files, but the link is created to FlashDisk.
I can ping the device without problems. I can access http web page as well, just that I cannot login due to the issue with rejected credentials for both accounts I created, so the lost/forgotten password is not the issue here.

I did follow these steps and I was able to get network access again. However the display remains black, after registry cleanup. I was able to get back display by changing some registry parameters in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Display\Colibri
I tried to flash the image again, from the site and restoring flash disk information with touch dlls and config, cause an error:

PID:00400003 TID:02DB0012 ERROR: could not resolve import GetGWESCallback
PID:00400003 TID:02DB0012 !!! Please Check your SYSGEN variable !!!

The function is exported by touch dll. Is there something missing from image to make touch work?

Another issue I have is that my local custom build image with workspace provided by Toradex is not working with my display, while the compressed image v1.1beta2 from Toradex is working with my display, if registry is not being changed.
Is there something missing from the workspace or registry that works with v1.1B2 image is not compatible with my local build image from Toradex’s workspace?

I figure out the touch problem, I can build custom image from Teradex’s workspace, and the touch works with it, but display fails. Now I have custom image that is working with the touch but no display, and another image, from Toradex site, that works the display but touch fails due to the missing function from tchproxy.dll…

I cleared registry, with my custom image and now I can see the screen and touch works… It appears the registry contents was not compatible with custom image…