Stdio.h missing in pre-build VF50 BSP 2.8 image

Hi,
I’m trying to compile an hello_world example for a Colibri VF50.
This VF50 is running a pre-build BSP 2.8 linux image image.

I’ve installed linaro-7.3.1-2018.05 compiler
When I compile hello_world.c I get a stdio.h not found.

I think compiler path is correct but I have no other variables specifying path where to find library.
stdio.h is present in linaro directory but not in rootfs. Is it normal ?

Which variable can I specify to solve this issue ?

Best regards.

Have you installed Toradex SDK? Please check this article.

Hi,
Thanks for your link, it sounds good, I will try it !
I was following Yocto and BSP guide and I think there’s no link to SDK.

And, on Toradex website when I’m going in “Developer Center” and after selecting “Quick Start”, there is no VFxx in the choices ! May be I missed some things but I think this SDK is hard to find !

In any case, thank you for the link, I’ll get back to you as soon as I’ve tested it.

Best regards.

Hi @didier2018,

Please let us know how it goes!

Please follow this article about Linux SDKs: Linux SDKs

As you find out from the article above, Toradex does not maintain the SDKs and you need to build them.

Here you can find the quickstart guide from developer archives for VF50: Quickstart Guide - Toradex

As you are using Colibri VF, you are limited to BSP 2.8 which is quite old. You can see that some of the links shared with you are from developer archives. The documentation from there is not maintained anymore. So we would like to ask you if you have a reason to continue developing with such an old module.

Hi,

To answer your question about why to continue using old modules:

• For our basic application we don’t need more power
  • Our system is qualified with this modules ( VF50 / VF6 ), our electronic is only compatible with Viola board.
  • May be other product have a higher consumption

Today we’re studying the migration from VF50/VF61 modules under WinCE to linux in a first step, to have more flexibility in our development process and to prepare the second step.

In second step, we’re planning to test the Colibri imx7 ( may be imx8) for a more complex linux application.

Our goal is to use a correctly dimensioned module to optimize consumption ( this is a critic parameter).

Best regards.

image001.png

Hello @didier2018,

Thanks for the update. It would help us to provide you with better technical support if you could share some of your project information with us. Your account manager from Toradex has already been in contact with you regarding this. Could you please follow up with him?