Spidev is vanished

spidev0.0 has vanished from the colibri imx6ull.
what are its possibilites and how can i enable it again ?

hi @sanskruti and Welcome to the Toradex Community!

Could your provide the version of the hardware (including CarrierBoard) and software of your module?

Concerning your question, please check out this article?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

Compute module- col. V1. 0B
Carrier board - Viola V1. 2B
Software- embeded linux
I was able to find spidev0.0 at first but after many boots I’m unable to find spidev in /dev.

Could you share the dmesg log in a text file ( dmesg > dmesg.log )?
What is the output of ls /dev | grep spi ?

alt text

As I wrote above, you should check SPI article.

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

We are trying to interface some SPI based sensor and GPIO functions to Toradex colibri-imx6ull. We successfully used Libsoc for GPIO. When we checked whether spi driver is available or not in /dev folder, it was available for initial boot but after 1 day it is not available. Here is an attachment of Dmesg log. Also read this article. We tried “diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-eval-v3.dtsi b/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-eval-v3.dtsi index f304175…a399130 100644” this command but not working on our board. So we couldn’t figured how to run SPI on our board. How we re-install spi driver?

Your attachments were not uploaded. Could you try to upload them again?

Also read this article. We tried “diff --git a/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-eval-v3.dtsi b/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ull-colibri-eval-v3.dtsi index f304175…a399130 100644” this command but not working on our board.

This command needs to be run on your host. Usually spidev is not enabled in the regular Bsp images. You need to compile and flash a custom devicetree as explained in the article.

Best regards,
Jaski

@sanskruti: Why did you set this question to private. With private questions, you won’t get Community Support.

I’m extremely sorry.
I was just exploring options.

Its Ok, Thanks for making your question public.

Previously we had connected the GND cable also but that also didn’t work. The connections of micro USB is shown in the figure.

What exactly are you trying to do?