I deploy a C# project from Visual Studio 2015. On one Colibri this takes 20sec, on the other Colibri this takes 2min. How can one explain the difference?
- Colibri A: iMX6DL 512MB IT V1.0B MCIMX6U7CVM08AB
- Colibri B: iMX6DL 512MB IT V1.0B MCIMX6U7CVM08AB (identical to A)
Colibri A and B prepared like so:
- placed in Colibri Evaluation Board V 3.2B
- loaded Toradex EasyInstaller V1.5-20180507 into RAM
- put in USB stick and installed EasyInstaller Image iMX6_WinCE8Image-Tezi_1.3.1-20180522
on the laptop:
- Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2015 Version 14.0.25431.01 Update 3
- Solution in C# containing ca. 50 projects
- Colibri rebooted, after startup select Start - Programs - ColibriTools - “Start debugger client” and click OK
- deployment of the Startup project on Colibri A takes 20 sec
- deployment of same project on Colibri B takes 2 min
- The deployment time is measured from “Installing the application…” to “Updating information related to installed files…” in the Build Output window
- project properties - Debug: Remote Path is FlashDisk\Startup
- project properties - Debug: Clear the remote folder is checked
I suspect the file system on the flash disk of colibri B is slower compared to colibri A. How can this be?
I verified both colibris have L2 cache enabled and MultiProcessor disabled.
The bootloader output:
Toradex Bootloader 1.3.1 for iMX6 Built May 22 2018 Splash screen is enabled. SPL enabled version. Using 16MB of IPU memory and 32MB of GPU memory. Board: Colibri iMX6 DualLite 512MB IT CPU is running at 792MHz. Using eMMC boot partition (size: 4096 sectors). Initializing L2 Cache. Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu Initiating image launch in 0 seconds. System ready! Preparing for download... Loading compressed image... Reading image from sector 40962. Extracting 38443144 bytes from compressed image of 24074300 bytes ...................... Done. Launching image at 10200000.