Setting up IDE environment for SDK

Hello,

I am trying to set up the environment for c/c++ projects in HOST and then copy them to target.

I followed this link, and I could compile a simple hello world program by sourcing the environment file as indicated in the procedure.
Issues:

1. CC, CXX, etc, only works from CLI if shell is bash, it doesn’t work with zsh.

$CC
        zsh: no such file or directory: arm-fslc-linux-gnueabi-gcc  -march=armv7-a -mthumb -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=hard --sysroot=/opt/fslc-framebuffer/2.6.2/sysroots/armv7at2hf-neon-fslc-linux-gnueabi

1. If I use Eclipse, the latest version (2019-03+) is not compatible with Yocto Project Plugin.

1. If I download Eclipse Helios, as it says here, when I try to run it, I get the following error:

!SESSION 2019-08-27 15:39:46.727 -----------------------------------------------
    eclipse.buildId=M20110210-1200
    java.version=11.0.4
    java.vendor=Ubuntu
    BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=en_US
    Framework arguments:  -product org.eclipse.epp.package.linuxtools.product
    Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.linuxtools.product

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2019-08-27 15:39:47.173
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire application service. Ensure that the org.eclipse.core.runtime bundle is resolved and started (see config.ini).
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:74)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
            at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
            at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
            at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)
  1. If I use Netbeans (which is my preferred IDE) I cannot make it work.

The Toradex SDK is designed to work with the bash shell, and we provide support for the Eclipse IDE, as described here - How to setup environment for Embedded Linux application development | Toradex Developer Center

Most likely, you can make it work with other shells or IDEs, however this is beyond the scope of Toradex support.