Setting up 10.1 inch touch screen

Hello @BoaheneJeffrey ,

you can check my previous question here it could probably help

I also wrote a list of steps to achieve what you want, the following steps are taken from the toradex guides [ Approach 2: Applying Device Tree Overlays to an Image Directly on the Device] Note that this is a different approach from using TorizonCore builder:

• access the device via terminal

• Username: torizon
    • pw: [insert pw]
    • board IP address: [insert IP]
    • Board must be connected to internet using ethernet cable / or serially
  • Get the Hash of the current OSTree deployment

apalis-imx8-07107575:~$ cat /proc/cmdline
2pci=nomsi root=LABEL=otaroot rootfstype=ext4 quiet logo.nologo vt.global_cursor_default=0 plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles splash fbcon=map:3 ostree=/ostree/boot.1/torizon/[Hash numberxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]/0

• see the list of available overlays and make sure the required overlays are available. Note: the hash number is used here ( copy it from the previous line and paste in this command with no brackets)
apalis-imx8-07107575:~$ ls /sysroot/boot/ostree/torizon-[Hash numberxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]/dtb/overlays
apalis-imx8_ar0521_overlay.dtbo          apalis-imx8_mezzanine_ov5640_overlay.dtbo  display-lt161010_overlay.dtbo
apalis-imx8_atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo       apalis-imx8_ov5640_overlay.dtbo            display-lt170410_overlay.dtbo
apalis-imx8_hdmi_overlay.dtbo            display-dpi-lt170410_overlay.dtbo          display-vga_overlay.dtbo
apalis-imx8_lvds_overlay.dtbo            display-edt5.7_overlay.dtbo                touch-atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo
apalis-imx8_mezzanine-can_overlay.dtbo   display-edt7_overlay.dtbo
apalis-imx8_mezzanine_lvds_overlay.dtbo  display-fullhd_overlay.dtbo
  • modify the oeverlays.txt file with the required overlays, This file will contain the string fdt_overlays= followed by a space-separated list of overlays.
fdt_overlays=apalis-imx8_lvds_overlay.dtbo apalis-imx8_atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo display-lt170410_overlay.dtbo

• After changing the overlays.txt file, reboot the board. To do it, you can use the following command:
sudo reboot

I hope that helps, also please wait for confirmation from the technical support if you want 100% reliable information.

Good luck

1 Like