Selective application build/install in Yocto packages

Hi Buddies.

Is it possible to generate “deploy/images/apalis-imx8/xxxx.rootfs.tar.xz” which simply maintaining only Qt-based applications/libraries from Yocto bitbake build-up?

Thanks in advance.
Todd.

Hi @toddhwang,

I’m not sure I fully understand your question so correct me if I’m wrong.

Are you asking how to generate just the root filesystem in Yocto, with only certain packages (Qt) instead of the entire image?

Well in Yocto you can specify specific packages to be built instead of the entire image. For example running something like bitbake <recipe_name> will only build this recipe. You can even specify certain steps for example if you’re building out reference image you can specify to only build up to the root filesystem step.

If you want to build a root filesystem with only the Qt packages this might require some customization. By default if you try to bitbake the rootfs of an image it will have to build all of the prerequisites and dependencies as well. You could define your own recipe that builds this particular rootfs so that all the other dependencies aren’t built.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi Jeremias

Thank you for very helpful reply. It is better for me to start with “packagegroup-tdx-qt5.bb” right?

Todd.

That would be a good place to start that’s the Qt related packages that we use in our reference multimedia image. Though depending on your needs you may require additional Qt packages for these I’d look in the Qt meta-layer and see if these exists.

Best Regards,
Jeremias