SAFERTOS for M4?

FreeRTOS for the Cortex M4 Prozessor in the iMX7 is supported.

For secure M4 Application is it possible to upgrading FreeRTOS with SAFERTOS with functions for using the “heterogeneous asymmetric multi-core architecture” of iMX7 ?

Does Toradex support SAFERTOS for M4 on iMX7 ?

If SAFERTOS is not support: Is there any other solution for safe RTOS on M4 possible?

Dear @StefanR

I’m afraid Toradex currently does not support SAFERTOS.

However, we want to expand our support for the M4 core in general. So if you are looking for a cooperation, or punctual support to make FREERTOS run on our products, it is at least worth talking to us.

Regards, Andy

Hiya @stefan.tx , looking into the same thing fro iMX8QM , and just wondering if you ever you ever pursued the SafeRTOS solution any further ?
Thanks,
Juli.

Hi @Juli!

SafeRTOS is a commercial product provided by High Integrity Systems. While we never tested it on our modules, it is an RTOS and somewhat based on FreeRTOS so it should run on the Cortex-M4 core present on our modules.

I believe that you can contact High Integrity Systems and they might be able to offer you a port for our modules.

Thanks for your response @gustavo.tx .
I have reached out to WHIS.

In the mean time, are you able to say if Toradex (or anyone you know) has had any communications/co-operations with them on running SafeRTOS on the Cortex-M4 specifically in Apalis or Colibri modules ?

I’m trying to ascertain the risks of going down this path .

Many thanks,
Juli.

Hi @Juli

Did you get answer from the customer HIS?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx , sadly I haven’t yet. It is unclear what exactly WHIS provide and how much validation they will save us in the long run, over pure FreeRTOS.

Ok. Let us know once you got an answer.

Best regards,
Jaski