Running QT cinematicexperience demo with EGLFS

Hello everyone,

I tried to launch Qt cinematicexperience demo on custom image based on core-image-base.
My image installs:

• packagegroup-qt-lgpl
  • packagegroup-tdx-cli
  • packagegroup-tdx-graphical
  • packagegroup-fsl-isp
  • weston-xwayland
  • wayland-qtdemo-launch-cinematicexperience

Image also appends weston.
My custom distro appends wayland feature.
It is working, after boot its creating weston compositor then starts the Qt demo app. My question is how change image recipe to use only eglfs for launching the app without wayland/weston utility? Those things makes booting to app much longer i guess. I wanted to test eglfs because i guess that weston/wayland takes more time to boot to app and i think it is easly to handle with when running app script as a init.
To achieve eglfs run i tried to simple comment weston/wayland stuff and add to distro eglfs feature. I also made qtbase_%.bbappend recipe which appends PACKAGECONFIG with gl directfb eglfs gles2. After running ./QtCinematicExperience -platform eglfs got:

QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-root'
EGL: Warning: No default display support on wayland
Could not open egl display
Aborted

Verdin iMX8M Plus Quad 4GB IT V1.1A with Dahlia Carrier Board

P.S. My concept is to boot Qt app ASAP without Boot2Qt utility.

Hi @Mhroczny !

Welcome to the Toradex Community! :partying_face:

Feel free to browse around :smiley:

Is there a reason that you are not starting from some of our Reference images? We have the Multimedia Reference Image that could be a starting point for you.

https://developer.toradex.com/linux-bsp/os-development/build-yocto/

Could you please share your booting/splash screen time requirements?

If you need help with customization on Yocto, I would like to recommend you go with a Toradex Partner. We have partners that are specialized in such kind of customization: Embedded Computing | Hardware & Software Service Partners

Having said that, I would like to let you know that we have the TorizonCore which is an easy-and-ready-to-use OS that might be of interest.

It is a container-based OS that has Over-The-Air Update capabilities included and we have Qt containers that are ready-to-use:

Best regards,

Thank you @henrique.tx for fast reply.

Yes it was good point from start with but it takes about 14 s to boot to Qt app. That is why i tried to base on minimal reference recipe.

For now splash screen is off IMAGE_FEATURES:remove = "splash". My goal is went below 8s. 5 s would be good.

I will check the TorizonCore but i think i would not help me with going down with the boot time.