Running Application on Apalis imx6 that links statically to Qt

Hi there,

I am trying to test the effect of building my application with static links to the Qt library.

For that I build Qt statically using the following configuration:

~/Qt/5.9.6/Src/configure -prefix /usr/local/qt5_static -extprefix ~/Qt/5.9.6/toradex_static_bin -device linux-imx6-g++ -device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi- -sysroot /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi  -skip qt3d -skip qtandroidextras -skip qtcanvas3d -skip qtcharts -skip qtconnectivity -skip qtdatavis3d -skip qtgamepad -skip qtlocation -skip qtmacextras -skip qtnetworkauth -skip qtpurchasing -skip qtremoteobjects -skip qtscxml -skip qtsensors -skip qtspeech -skip qtwebchannel -skip qtwebengine -skip qtwebsockets -skip qtwebview -skip qtwinextras -skip qtxmlpatterns -nomake examples -nomake tests -static -confirm-license -v

With a kit in Qt creator that links to the newly built Qt (5.9.6) I successfully compiled application. When I tried to run it it was first missing two shared libraries:
libtiff.so.5 and libpulse-mainloop-glib.so.0

I was able to resolve that by updating the opkg package manager and then installing the libtiff5 and the libpulse-mainloop-glib packages.

However, now I am stuck with the following error:

libtiff.so.5: version `LIBTIFF_4.0' not found

Is this a platform issue? Have I maybe some mistakes in the configuration? Has anybody experienced similar problems?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Sorry, but I’m afraid we do not support any such configuration. Please stick to the way as explained on our developer website.

Alternatively, you may consult any of our partner network companies which includes the Qt company eager to offer you a boot2qt solution.