Resistive Touch 7" Paralel Aster V1.1B

Hi! I have a Aster V1.1B evaluation Board, I’m running a Linux but the resistive touch not work, the display VGA blinking (turn on and turn off every 5 seconds), Do you know how can configure the display touch for IMX7 1B and Aster evaluation board?

Many thanks!

BTW I’am using a Angstrom v2016.12 - Kernel and the monitor settings application not opened in the LXDE desktop

hi @JesusP88

Could you provide the version of the Hardware and Software ( uname -a ) of your module?
Could you share also the dmesg log ( dmesg > dmesg.txt ) in a text file and pictures of the connection of your touch screen?

Thanks and best regards, Jaski

Hi Jaski, thanks for help me, this the info that you request.

Version Software (command uname -a): Linux colibri-imx7-emmc 4.1.44-2.7.4+gb1555bf #1 SMP Wed Oct 4 21:39:05 UTC 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

Version Hardware: product: 01431101, product description: Aster V1.1B, Changes from Previous Version: Added JTAG through pogo pins and X6, release date: Feb 2017

dmesg log: link text

Waiting for you Jaski!, Many thanks

hi @JesusP88

Thanks for the file. Did you follow up the instructions on this site? As already asked, please share the picture of the connection between the touchscreen and the aster carrierboard?

Thanks for the Link, I did not see before the connection, I was connecting wrong the flat cable, I fix it and now the Touch Screen works! =). Could you give me an advice for configure resolution?, because I can’t stop U-Boot from Serial terminal or How can I configure the resolution? Many thanks for your support. If I try to put setenv command in the shell the shell say that the command not existe.

root@colibri-imx7-emmc:~# setenv vidargs 'video=mxsfb:800x480M-16@60,pixclockpol=1'                                      
sh: setenv: command not found

Perfect, that it works.
If you can’t stop in Uboot, you could use the following in Linux:

fw_setenv vidargs 'video=mxsfb:800x480M-16@60,pixclockpol=1'

Hi Jaski! many thank for your help! All situation with the Resistive Touch Screen has fixed, just I have the last question about this topic.
Why the comand fw_setenv vidargs ‘video=mxsfb:800x480M-16@60,pixclockpol=1’ just work in the serial terminal?
Because I tryed to set from keyboard in the OS terminal but the therminal says bad CRC and the fw_setenv not apply the change.

Many thanks again!

Perfect that it works. Concerning bad CRC, you need to enter in U-Boot and enter the saveenv command. Usually the settings should apply.

BTW: The Warning: Bad CRC, using default environment message does not necessarily mean anything bad. It just means that the fw_setenv tool did not find any valid U-Boot environment stored in flash. This can also be the case if a module got freshly flashed and since nobody ever stored the environment to flash meaning the default settings as compiled into U-Boot are still in effect.