Reset U-Boot SPL

Hi there,

I just tried to update u-boot and the SPL with a builded version as mentionned here: Build U-Boot and Linux Kernel from Source Code | Toradex Developer Center

I built u-boot from that version: u-boot-toradex.git - U-Boot bootloader for Apalis and Colibri modules
I used colibri_imx6_defconfig file and updated both u-boot.imx-spl and SPL in my colibri board.

It seems that the SPL file builded that way is not correct since I have that error now:

mmc_load_image_raw_sector: mmc block read error
SPL: failed to boot from all boot devices
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

I guess there is no other way to write back the original SPL. Am I right?

Thanks,

Léo

I just tried to update U-Boot and the SPL with a built version as mentioned here: Build From Source Code Documentation Overview | Toradex Developer Center

I built U-Boot from that version: u-boot-toradex.git - U-Boot bootloader for Apalis and Colibri modules

Why exactly are you giving the 2011.12-colibri_vf branch which pre-dates the Colibri iMX6?

Why exactly are you using an unsupported former beta version 2.7b2 and not the latest 2.7b3?

I used colibri_imx6_defconfig file and updated both u-boot.imx-spl and SPL in my colibri board.

I’m not sure whether you did the right thing. You would need to flash both SPL as well as u-boot.img. If using our legacy update procedure those would be called SPL and u-boot.imx-spl.

Probably the most straight forward solution would be to start off with our latest beta version 2.7b3 either flashed using our legacy update procedure or alternatively the new Toradex Easy Installer. Once you got that working you may replace desired parts thereof with your self-built ones.

It seems that the SPL file builded that way is not correct since I have that error now:

I don’t think so. The SPL is just not finding U-Boot proper in eMMC flash and therefore can’t boot any further.

I guess there is no other way to write back the original SPL. Am I right?

No, you just have to use the USB recovery mode again either using the legacy update procedure or the Toradex Easy Installer as mentioned above.

Hi,

Why exactly are you giving the 2011.12-colibri_vf branch which pre-dates the Colibri iMX6?
Why exactly are you using an unsupported former beta version 2.7b2 and not the latest 2.7b3?

I am using the 2.7b2 version. The git viewer appended the branch name by itself, so I’m referencing the version by the commit name and not the branch name.
I am using that old version since I started developing in June, before 2.7b3.

I’m using a build system (Buildroot in my case).

Thanks,

Léo

Glad it is working for you again and thanks for letting us know.

How you were able to update the correct u-boot version after you got that error?
I’m getting the same error on an Apalis iMX6, but I’m not able to enter the u-boot command prompt, and therefore I’m unable to either flash from an SD card or use toradex Easy installer.

ysername: Had you resolve it? Could you expain me how?