Remoteproc dev-tree on IMX8MP

Hello,

I have a Verdin IMX8M Plus IT V1.0D module and I tried to use the device-tree overlay for remoteproc and followed this documentation:

I tried the .dtbo for imx8mp on branch “toradex_5.15-2.1.x-imx”. The device tree overlay loads successfully but unfortunately it does not work and I cannot see the remoteproc entries in the sysfs.

I found the following entry in the list for branch master and wonder if the dev-tree overlay does not fit to my Linux.

verdin-imx8mp_hmp_overlay.dts     Coming soon     master

I use a BSP with “toradex_5.4-2.3.x-imx” branch, but there the file is not provided. Is there a reason for this?
Is there already a dev-tree overlay for our branch available or how can I make remoteproc work?

Thx in advance and BR
Ralph

Hello @Ralph,

Thank you for reaching out. There is no HMP overlay for BSP5. Therefore we suggest using BSP6.

We have noticed a mistake on our webpage concerning the versioning of the branch. Instead of “toradex_5.15-2.1.x-imx” it should in fact be “toradex_5.15-2.2.x-imx”. I would like to apologize for the mistake an the inconvenience. Efforts will be made to correct this mistake on our webpage.

verdin-imx8mp_hmp_overlay.dts     Coming soon     master

Concerning the above mentioned listing, this is upstream, which
we would not recommend using. Instead we would suggest using
the overlay verdin-imx8mp_hmp_overlay.dts from
toradex_5.15-2.2.x-imx.

We will test the mentioned constellation on our side in the near future.

Best regards
Collin