Regarding error while unpacking image using TorizonCore Builder

Hi,

I am facing issue while unpacking image file

torizoncore-builder images unpack /home/jitu-rnd/Optimus1/Toradex/Torizon_iMX7/torizon-core-docker-evaluation-colibri-imx7-emmc-Tezi_5.1.0+build.1.container.tar
Storage not empty. Delete current image before continuing? [y/N] y
Unpacking Toradex Easy Installer image.
An unexpected Exception occured. Please provide the following stack trace to
the Toradex TorizonCore support team:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/builder/torizoncore-builder”, line 175, in
mainargs.func(mainargs)
File “/builder/tcbuilder/cli/images.py”, line 71, in do_images_unpack
images_unpack(args.image_directory,
File “/builder/tcbuilder/cli/images.py”, line 65, in images_unpack
images.import_local_image(image_dir, dir_list[0], dir_list[1], dir_list[2])
File “/builder/tcbuilder/backend/images.py”, line 161, in import_local_image
subprocess.check_output(tarcmd, shell=True, stderr=subprocess.STDOUT)
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 424, in check_output
return run(*popenargs, stdout=PIPE, timeout=timeout, check=True,
File “/usr/lib/python3.9/subprocess.py”, line 528, in run
raise CalledProcessError(retcode, process.args,
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command ‘cat /home/jitu-rnd/Optimus1/Toradex/Torizon_iMX7/torizon-core-docker-evaluation-colibri-imx7-emmc-Tezi_5.1.0+build.1.container.tar | cat | tar -xf - -C /storage/tezi.tmp’ returned non-zero exit status 2.

please check.

Regards,
Pradeep Pol

Greetings @eklavya19,

The TorizonCore Builder tool runs in a container which then is given access to your host system via bindmounts. The alias is setup by the setup script and your working directory is defined as your current directory from wherever you were when you ran the setup script. This working directory defines what the Builder tool can “see” on your system.

Meaning the tool only has access to directories/files that are in your established working directory. The file path you passed was /home/jitu-rnd/Optimus1/Toradex/Torizon_iMX7/torizon-core-docker-evaluation-colibri-imx7-emmc-Tezi_5.1.0+build.1.container.tar. I assume your working directory isn’t / meaning the tool can’t “see” /home, which is why the error occurs cause it can’t evaluate this file path.

Please make sure all files/directories that you pass to the Builder tool are within your working directory.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Dear @jeremias.tx,

Thanks. Got it. Now its working.

My Working Directory was /home/jitu-rnd and this time I gave “torizoncore-builder images unpack Optimus1/Toradex/Torizon_iMX7/torizon-core-docker-evaluation-colibri-imx7-emmc-Tezi_5.3.0-devel-202105+build.12.container.tar” and it worked.

Regards,
Pradeep Pol

Glad it worked!

Best Regards,
Jeremias