Reducing Power Consumption Apalis T30 Running Embedded Linux

Hello.

I have a question. How can I reduce the power consumption of an Apalis T30 running Embedded Linux?

Anybody knows?

You may e.g. limit the active cores or the frequency they are running at. Please have a look at the following article on our developer website for more information.

I have read this article, and used the methods described in it, but this allowed to reduce only 30 ma. Is there any options to disable unused peripherals in the CPU? How can I put the CPU into a standby mode, and then translate it back on a signal to one of GPIO’s pins?

Yes, you may disable unused peripherals (e.g. by just disabling resp. Linux kernel drivers) which may or may not further reduce power consumption. Concerning standby/resume please have a look at the following article on our developer website.

I’ll look thanks

Hello. I have another question about disabling peripherals. To disable unused peripherals, do I need to rebuild the kernel with the modules and force them to be unloaded? Are there any other ways to disable peripherals? At the moment my kernel is statically built and there are no modules in my system. Is it possible to disable ethernet as well as for the Colibri board?

Just removing drivers from kernel config and rebuilding is enough, no need to compile them as a modules and then unloading it. Ethernet can be disabled by keeping i210 in reset with GPIO CC6/PEX_L2_RST_N driven low in kernel like this:

--- a/arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-apalis_t30-pinmux.c
+++ b/arch/arm/mach-tegra/board-apalis_t30-pinmux.c
@@ -508,5 +508,7 @@ int __init apalis_t30_pinmux_init(void)
        gpio_request(TEGRA_GPIO_PT1, "VI_LevelShifter_DIR");
        gpio_direction_output(TEGRA_GPIO_PT1, 0);

+       gpio_request(TEGRA_GPIO_PCC6, "I210 Reset");
+       gpio_direction_output(TEGRA_GPIO_PCC6, 0);
        return 0;
 }

Hello. I had another question. What power should Apalis use on the Ixora board in suspend LP1? I got 1.4 W, is this correct?