QT5 image build error

When I am trying to build the qt5 image on Yocto Morty branch, I get the error below:

ERROR: gumstix-qt5-dev-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Unable to install packages. Command '/home/gumstix/Buildbot/yocto-colibri_imx6-morty/build/build/tmp/sysroots/x86_64-linux/usr/bin/smart --log-level=warning --data-dir=/home/gumstix/Buildbot/yocto-colibri_imx6-morty/build/build/tmp/work/colibri_imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/gumstix-qt5-dev-image/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/lib/smart install -y locale-base-en-us@cortexa9hf_neon uim@cortexa9hf_neon curl@cortexa9hf_neon diffutils@cortexa9hf_neon grep@cortexa9hf_neon alsa-utils@cortexa9hf_neon linux-firmware-sd8686@all libts-1.0-0@cortexa9hf_neon mtdev@cortexa9hf_neon memtester@cortexa9hf_neon iproute2@cortexa9hf_neon nano@cortexa9hf_neon linux-firmware-wl18xx@all psplash@cortexa9hf_neon u-boot-mkimage@cortexa9hf_neon less@cortexa9hf_neon zip@cortexa9hf_neon systemd-analyze@cortexa9hf_neon gzip@cortexa9hf_neon packagegroup-cli-tools-debug@all wget@cortexa9hf_neon qtbase-mkspecs@cortexa9hf_neon_mx6qdl rpm@cortexa9hf_neon media-ctl@cortexa9hf_neon packagegroup-qt5-qtcreator-debug@all iw@cortexa9hf_neon vim@cortexa9hf_neon v4l-utils@cortexa9hf_neon packagegroup-core-boot@colibri_imx6 qtbase-plugins@cortexa9hf_neon_mx6qdl coreutils@cortexa9hf_neon hostapd@cortexa9hf_neon tar@cortexa9hf_neon ntp@cortexa9hf_neon mtd-utils-ubifs@cortexa9hf_neon qtbase@cortexa9hf_neon_mx6qdl packagegroup-core-tools-debug@all sudo@cortexa9hf_neon dnsmasq@cortexa9hf_neon tzdata@all base-passwd@cortexa9hf_neon shadow@cortexa9hf_neon raw2rgbpnm@cortexa9hf_neon findutils@cortexa9hf_neon yavta@cortexa9hf_neon packagegroup-core-ssh-openssh@all packagegroup-core-standalone-sdk-target@all cpufrequtils@cortexa9hf_neon smartpm@cortexa9hf_neon linux-firmware-sd8787@all qtbase-tools@cortexa9hf_neon_mx6qdl iputils@cortexa9hf_neon packagegroup-cli-tools@all packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target@all packagegroup-core-sdk@colibri_imx6 qtbase-dev@cortexa9hf_neon_mx6qdl packagegroup-base-extended@colibri_imx6 gpsd@cortexa9hf_neon' returned 1:
Loading cache...
Updating cache...               ######################################## [100%]

Computing transaction...error: Can't install packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target-1.0-r0.1@all: no package provides qtwayland-tools

ERROR: gumstix-qt5-dev-image-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/gumstix/Buildbot/yocto-colibri_imx6-morty/build/build/tmp/work/colibri_imx6-poky-linux-gnueabi/gumstix-qt5-dev-image/1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.141298
NOTE: recipe gumstix-qt5-dev-image-1.0-r0: task do_rootfs: Failed
ERROR: Task (/home/gumstix/Buildbot/yocto-colibri_imx6-morty/build/poky/meta-gumstix-extras/recipes-images/gumstix/gumstix-qt5-dev-image.bb:do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'

Any idea of how to solve it?

I do not understand why you are building any gumstix stuff. Have you tried building any of our BSPs as explained in the following article on our developer website?

Jason is from Gumstix, now a partner of Toradex - hence the inclusion of both Gumstix & Toradex layers.

@JasonLiu Can you share your local.conf. Is DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "wayland" set?

I didn’t put this statement in the local.conf. I think removing the wayland should work but I am here to ask if there is solution other than this. Thank you.

Hi

I guess that the package qtwayland-tools does have any files assigned and thus the package is not created at all. Maybe one can add the following to conf/local.conf to have it created anyway:

ALLOW_EMPTY_qtwayland-tools = "1"

However, IIRC in our X only images not removing wayland from distro features did lead to not working X11 Vivante drivers. So once your image builds check that it actually does what you expect it to do.

Max

Thank you for your full explanation of removing the wayland. I am really appreciate that you have been providing a lot of helps.

@JasonLiu Perhaps this commit is related to this issue: yocto/meta-boot2qt.git - Yocto layer for Boot2Qt