Qt demo image 5.14 (capacitive touchscreen problem)

Hello all,

Here is my problem.
I am currently trying to set up a Colibri iMX6DL on an aster carrier board with a capacitive 7" touchscreen.
Everithing is going fine until I want to set up the touchscreen. I managed to fully display the images on the screen with “setenv vidargs ‘video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,FusionF07A,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb1:off fbmem=8’” but even with all the info I got on the website like,
echo atmel_mxt_ts > /etc/modules-load.d/atmel_mxt_ts.conf
fdt_fixup
boot.scr
etc…

I just can’t make my touchscreen work

So I would like to know if there is something I can do or if I could get the Qt demo image 5.14 for iMX6 somewhere.

Thanks for your responses!

Hello @Romain.Donze and Welcome to the Toradex Community!

Could you check if the cable for touch interface is connected correctly?
Could you share a complete dmesg in a text file?

Thanks and Best regards,
Jaski

So I know that the cable is correctly connected since I managed to make it work on the easy installer with the help of boot.scr (can be found here: Downloads & Installers | Toradex Developer Center)

But as soon as I install Qt for Device Creation 5.13.1, despite all my efforts, it simply won’t work…

Here is what I already did:link text

In cmd.txt are all the command I have written and in dmesg.txt is what you asked for.

Thanks for your answer

Ok thanks for your time.
We hoped to go through this issue without having to recompile anything since we use a demo image specialy made for our device…

But it’s good to know since we are planning to with these products in the futur.

You are welcome. Could you let me know if touch is working with the devicetree I provided?

Yes thank you, touch is working properly.

Now it’s on us to develop a good software :wink:

HI @Romain.Donze

Thanks for your feedback and dmesg log.

It seems that the device for touch is disabled. You can get the binary devicetree file (.dtb) from the image you flashed either from the website or from the module using the UMS Feature. Once you got the binary file, then you need to extract this file to the souce using DTC Compiler. Afterwards you can change the sources and create again the binary file with enabled device for touch.

I attached the device-tree files where the touch device is already enabled. You can flash this to the module and check if touch interface is working.

Best regards,
Jaski

Perfect that the touch is working. Thanks for your feedback.

All the best for your Software :).

Regards,
Jaski