Qt cross compile ./configure ERROR: No device matching 'linux-apalis-g++'

Hello I am trying to cross compile qt-5.9 to work on Apalis tk1, I have installed SDK with default settings and I first tried by setting environment by following command

$. /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/environment-setup-armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi

To configure qt

./configure -release 		\
-opensource -confirm-license 	\
-prefix $PWD/build 		\
-opengl es2 			\
-device linux-apalis-g++ \
-device-option CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-  \
-sysroot /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/armv7at2hf-neon-angstrom-linux-gnueabi 	\
-make libs \
-nomake tests \
-nomake examples

But this configure fails with following error

Creating qmake...
........................................................................................Done.
Info: creating super cache file /home/ubuntu/cross_qt/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-5.9.6/.qmake.super
ERROR: No device matching 'linux-apalis-g++'.

I also tried without setting above SDK environment with same results.
How to specify correct device in configure options for apalis tk1 or there are some other mistakes ?
Kindly give me links or documents for cross compilation steps of qt.

Thank you.

Regards akshay

Hi

Note that we at Toradex did never cross-compile Qt by hand. That is what Openembedded / Yocto is for. So I recommend to setup a Openembedded / Yocto build environment and build it from there.

If you still want to compile Qt by hand, the error message is clear, you passed a configure options with the value ‘linux-apalis-g++’ which is not known to configure. So you have to find out if there is some other device string already there or if you have to provide/change something to make this known to configure.

A good starting point is probably the Qt documentation, for devices e.g. this page.

Max