Qt creator RUN error

Hi,
I follow steps in this article: How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center

One thing which is not writen in instructions is to add these lines into “*.pro” file in new project.

target.path = /root
INSTALLS += target

I found that lines somewhere on forum. Someone should add this information directly into original article.

I am able to compile my “helloworld” project and when I click to “Run” button, application is uploadded to device. I can see it on device display.

But QT Creator show me this error:

libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate

And I am not able to debug my code. Have anyone idea what to do about it?

HI Pjanco

Could you provide the version of the Software of your module? Which Qt Version are u using? Can you check if the application is running on the module (by copying and running manually)?

Hi,
I have:

angstrom-qt5-x11-image version 2.7b5,
QT (embedded) version 5.7.1,
QT Creator version 3.5.1,
Ubuntu 16.04

Application is running on the module. If I press “Run” button, application is successfully loaded into module. I can see application window on display connected to aster carrier board.

I don’t think that the warning libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate is related to the issue you are seeing. It probably is printed because Qt tries to use the EGL backend, which fails. But since the application seems to work, it probably falls back to the correct QPA.

As far as I can tell, when you press the Run button, everything is fine correct? So you only have issues when using Debug? How does it exactly fail in that case?

Can you try specifying the QPA backend by setting the environment variable QT_QPA_PLATFORM to xcb.

Hi,
QT_QPA_PLATFORM is already set to xcb.
It looks like everything else works. I can also debug my code. Maybe I should just ignore this warning.

So, can you or can you not debug your code?