Qt App shifted half a screen over when rotated

Hello,

I am running the oecore tdx-reference-multimedia-image on my Toradex Apalis-IMX8. I have developed a Qt5 application that I configured a service for to start on bootup. I am using the 10.1 Inch LVDS for my display and needed it to be rotated 270 degrees, so I did this through the etc/xdg/weston/weston.ini file by setting the “transform=rotate-270” field for my LVDS output. The touch inputs seem to be in the correct place, but my app is now shifted half a screen over.

I have attached a picture of what my screen looks like and my weston.ini file.
weston.ini (689 Bytes)

Let me know if you have any questions and thank you in advance for the help!

-Andy

Hi @axl3738,

As I can see from the image, the top bar of your Linux OS is correctly aligned. It seems it’s a problem only related to your QT app, am I correct?

If so, can you review your code and share the part that you think maybe could be causing this issue? I would recommend you post a question in the QT community aswell.

Best Regards,
Hiago.

Hey hfranco,

I did some digging into another project that I have worked on that uses an imx8 mini and a similar environment. From looking at it’s weston.ini file, it looks like there may have been some settings in the [core] section that were not correct in my current project. After changing them, my display looks to be rotated correctly and the touch inputs seemed to be fine. I now have the issue of my mouse cursor not updating with my touch inputs, but that is another topic that I believe I found a forum for that might address it.

Thanks again for the reply and have a nice day.
Andy

1 Like