Qt 3Dscene example not running properly on Apalis IMX8

I have problem to run any qt scene3D application on my module, all of them will close immediately after opening and loading 3d object. Also I’ve compiled and tested qt scene3D qml example and get the same result.
Any clue, solution would be appreciated.

Hi @farshid616 , welcome to our community. What is the image version you are working on?
I test scene3D on our 5.2.0 multimedia image and get the segmentation fault.

root@apalis-imx8:~# ./scene3d 
QML debugging is enabled. Only use this in a safe environment.
[ 1447.313034] audit: type=1701 audit(1619509673.724:9): auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 ses=4294967295 pid=2348 comm="sc
ene3d" exe="/home/root/scene3d" sig=11 res=1
Segmentation fault

In debug mode of QtCreator, it stops at wl_list_insert. But I don’t get more information after it.

A similar issue was reported on Qt Bug Tracker. You can report it as well.
Another Qt3d demo basicshapes-cpp just works on Apalis iMX8QM.

Thanks for your feedback, my image version is also 5.2.0

Hi @farshid616 , by upgrading Qt version to 5.15.2, scene3d works on Apalis iMX8.

Here is how I upgrade meta-qt5 layer.

cd layers
rm -rf meta-qt5
git clone https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5.git
cd meta-qt5
git checkout 280487f20bca829527a597d6263b0344a01917ac

Before rebuilding multimedia image, you also need to clean up the cache, for example, delete sstate-cache, build/tmp, build/deploy, build/cache etc.

Hi @benjamin.tx I’ve made the changes but I faced an error during bitbake.

do_patch: Command Error: ‘quilt
–quiltrc /home/farshid/oe-core/build/tmp/work/aarch64-mx8-tdx-linux/qtwebengine/5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+5537ff4437_fb6ab5e483-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/etc/quiltrc
push’ exited with 0 Output: Applying
patching file
Hunk #1 FAILED at 30. 1 out of 1 hunk
FAILED – rejects in file
can be reverse-applied ERROR: Logfile
of failure stored in:
/home/farshid/oe-core/build/tmp/work/aarch64-mx8-tdx-linux/qtwebengine/5.15.2+gitAUTOINC+5537ff4437_fb6ab5e483-r0/temp/log.do_patch.94222 ERROR: Task
failed with exit code ‘1’

Hi @benjamin.tx I removed the chromium patch and problem solved. Thanks for your answer that solved the bug.

you are welcome.