Production-programming-for-tegra-modules

1)how can we automatically find out what Image the T20 Module has and set this in the
ProductionProgramming.bat script?

2)what disadvantage do we have if we always set the flag IS_T20_BEFORE_1_4 to 1 ?
do we loose the configblock info with → /nandecc rs4 ?

Dear @Javier,

Thank you for contacting the support

The production programming concept is that you take a full backup of a “master” module and replicate it on the target modules. It will take everything from the master module and will be programmed on the target module, the serial number and product ID will be preserved(stay unchanged) of that target module.

how can we automatically find out what Image the T20 Module has and set this in the ProductionProgramming.bat script? Production Programming for Tegra Modules | Toradex Developer Center
You don’t need to find out which image version is running on the module, you need to specify if the image is programming the older than v1.4. Do you have any reasons to find the version and need to do some procedure on the production script?

what disadvantage do we have if we always set the flag IS_T20_BEFORE_1_4 to 1 ? do we lose the config block info with → /nandecc rs4 ?
The IS_T20_BEFORE_1_4 env variable is only needed if the Image you want to program is older than 1.4, It does not matter what image version is running on the module.

You should not set IS_T20_BEFORE_1_4 or /nandecc rs4 for newer images. Otherwise, you will experience a worse error correction which might not be sufficient for the new NAND flash on newer T20 module!

The config block area(everything) will be erased on the Flash and the master module config block will be programmed on the target module.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Hi Raja,

1)I don´t want to create a Master. Its more like an automated update to Image BSP 1.4
I have hundreds of Colibri Modules BSP 1.3 and BPS1.4 in the field and I want to automatically update to BSP 1.4 with only one script. How would you achieve this?

1. How will the config block will be restored on the target module ? Automatically or do we have to enter serial number etc manually?

Best regards
Javier

Dear @Javier,

1)I don´t want to create a Master. Its more like an automated update to Image BSP 1.4 I have hundreds of Colibri Modules BSP 1.3 and BPS1.4 in the field and I want to automatically update to BSP 1.4 with only one script. How would you achieve this?

• You need to set IS_T20_BEFORE_1_4=0 and update 1.4 image on all the module.
    or
  • If you want update only v1.3 running T20 modules then use GetCurrentImageInfo from legacy WinCE library or SysInfo library(Toradex CE libraries) to get know the running image version details and make a decision about you want to update to v1.4 or not. We don’t any other method to read version directly on the programming script.

Please keep remember, since you are updating from v1.3 to v1.4, you need to everything in the Flash and update to v1.4 otherwise it will stay ECC = RS4 which is bad for system.

1. How will the config block will be restored on the target module ? Automatically or do we have to enter serial number etc manually

Standard release image will have a default config block. The programming script will program standard release image default config block or master module config block (if you provided). Serial number and product ID stay unchanged during this programming procedure, No need to manually enter.

You are trying to update the modules on the field, we are suggesting to use update tool with layout config (*.cfg) method to update the devices on the field.

Please let us know if you any other questions.