Problems with new revision 1.1C of Apalis iMX6

Hello,

we are testing the new modules 1.1C with our device and having some problems.

Apalis iMX6Q 1GB, V1.1C
Custom Carrier Board
WEC2013, Bsp 1.2

We are still using an old BSP because this is an older device which is not actively worked on anymore, just bugfixes and minor enhancements.
But the device is still in production, so we have to support the new revisions 1.1C and 1.1D.

It seems the config block ist not correctly set on the modules, the preinstalled Easy Installer warns about it:

Easy Installer is asking for the module type/version/serial:

After entering the module information i installed the latest official WEC2013 image of Toradex:

But the OS doesn’t start, it hangs after the message “Loading image at 10200000.”:

Any help is appreciated!
Best regards, Erwin

Could you please try to install official v1.6 release dated 2020-01-03?

i did install the latest version.
Toradex Documents - iMX6 WinCE8 Image tezi
The image was released 2020-01-03, but the timestamp in the image name is “20191223”

Could you please enable serial debug output, then collect and share results as a text file?

sorry, that was my fault. I didn’t use the bootloader for some time and forgot about enabling the debug output.

The OS is loading, i didn’t see anything on screen because our touch screen is connected via LVDS and the correct settings are not configured yet.

But i still have a question regarding the missing config block of the modules we received.
We ordered these modules for testing, maybe these are pre-production samples and therefore missing the config block?

How many new modules do you have? Are all of them have missed config blocks?

we received 20 modules Apalis iMX6Q V1.1C.
I checked around half of them and all are missing the config block.
A colleague ordered them last year, but i can’t ask him for details as he left the company at the end of 21.

It sounds strange. Could you share serial numbers of modules with missed config block?

One serial is 10886970.
I can’t give you the other 19 as i’m not in the office today.
The other serials differ just in the last 2 digits.

did you find out why the config block is missing on the modules we received?

here are some more serial numbers:
10886976, 10886970, 10886975, 10886967, 10886973, 10886964, 10886966, 10886965, 10886984, 10886983, 10886982, 10887004

Did you get any support since then haide?

This problem has happened just once for our first order of 1.1C modules which were just released back then.
The issue got resolved in a support ticket.
The config block was accidentally deleted by a test software of Toradex after production.
This was fixed by Toradex around Jan/Feb 22.

Hi Haide,

thanks for you answer.

I was wondering if I could reach you out, since this technical issue of yours is actually from Jan 22.

May I ask you to name me the ticket in which is described, how Toradex restores the config block.

Honestly, I haven’t investigated on the subject much yet.
But I would like to know, first how important it is in case, that I leave the config block “missing”?
I would like to get more insight to this subject.

Thanks again

Sorry, but i can’t help you with your issue.
The missing config block was fixed by Toradex a long time ago.

If you are experiencing any problems you can try to find a solution in the online documentation.
If that doesn’t help you should either create a new thread here in this forum or open a support ticket with Toradex and describe your problems in detail.