Problems connecting Capacitive Touch to Colibri Evaluation Board

I’m trying to use my newly purchased Capacitive Touch display with my Colibri Evaluation Board but no matter what I try I can not get it to work.

I am using Linux and have used the following link to connect the board to the display.

I was a little confused on wiring as it shows a diagram and a table. I’m assuming that the table is the one I should I use if I’m confused on anything. Is that true?

When I power on the board, after following all instructions, the backlight will blink and then the display goes blank. I’ve tried everything I can think of but it still doesn’t work.

I also tried using the display with WinCE but I encountered exactly the same issue ~ the screen will blink on startup and then go dark.

I’m starting to wonder if there’s an issue with the display. Could this be a possibility?

Also, if I can’t get it to work, is their support that will allow me to send the display back to be checked?

I’m also hoping there’s a video tutorial that is available that I’m not aware of.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @sbickle99

May I know, which Capacitive Touch Display (7" or 10") are you using?

Following article clearly defines the how to connect the Capacitive Touch display with the adapter:

Hope the article clears you doubt related to - how to connect the Capacitive Touch display with the Capacitive Touch adapter.

If you are using 7" display, please note that the FFC connector on the Fusion 7" Display is single sided, so it is important to correctly connect the FFC cable between Fusion 7" Display and Capacitive Touch Adapter in the correct orientation.

Similarly, pay attention on the FFC contact side while connecting the capacitive touch adapter to the Colibri Evaluation Board (as the Unified Interface Display connector on the Colibri Evaluation board is single sided).

You can download and use the “Setup tool for Capacitive Multi-Touch Solution” available in article for WinCE platform.

Let us know if you face any issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Please also note that for historical reasons the connection of our capacitive touch adapter to the carrier board differs with the OS you are using. Please double check as per resp. Embedded Linux resp. WinCE/WEC article.

Hi,

I am using the 7" display.

I connected the display as defined in the link you provided for WinCE but I am still having the same problem.

I will check to make sure the orientation is correct and also try the “setup tool”.

Thanks.