Problem with the gstreamer package installed on BSP 6.4

Hi
I have a problem with the gstreamer package installed on BSP 6.4
I tried to find opusenc / opusdec plugins gstreamer . the “gst-inspect-1.0” show that it doesn’t have these two plugins.
Then I think about installing a package from gstreamer to have them.
so I checked with

opkg list-installed |grep gstreamer1.0-plugins-base - 1.20.7-r0

it shows that

" (standard input):gstreamer1.0-plugins-base - 1.20.7-r0"

is installed.
also, I check the list of plugins in gst-plugins-base-1.20.7 from the below link

Index of /src/gst-plugins-base

it shows that the opusenc /opusdec include in the package.

Please help me to find the problem

Hi @kavevso !

I just checked the gstreamer1.0-plugins-base recipe related to Toradex BSP manifest for version 6.4.0.

Looking at the recipe, we can see the possible configurations via PACKAGECONFIG and one of them is the opus that you want (openembedded-core/meta/recipes-multimedia/gstreamer/gstreamer1.0-plugins-base_1.20.7.bb at 6c7fef37d4286f6bfc7b1dcb2d1e543a110a7f6f · openembedded/openembedded-core · GitHub):

PACKAGECONFIG[opus]         = "-Dopus=enabled,-Dopus=disabled,libopus"

I started the bitbake environment and took a look at the PACKAGECONFIG for the recipe:

pokyuser@henriqueg-nb:/workdir/tdxref-bsp-6/build$ bitbake -e gstreamer1.0-plugins-base | grep "^PACKAGECONFIG="
PACKAGECONFIG="     orc     gles2 egl viv-fb     alsa x11      ogg pango png theora vorbis     wayland egl  g2d"

As we can see, opus is actually not enabled. You can enable it by:

• modifying directly the gstreamer1.0-plugins-base inside of openembedded-core folder. Although this might be the quickest way, it is not the recommended approach.
  • creating a bbappend for the recipe with your modifications.

The modification should be to simply append the opus to the contents of PACKAGECONFIG of gstreamer1.0-plugins-base recipe.

Best regards,

Hi and thanks for your Reply.
Could you please help me on `bbappend’?
That would be great let me how and have a sample
by add this to local.conf it will ok?

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-gstreamer1.0-plugins-bas = " opus"

Tnx

Hi @kavevso !

I have never tried (nor seen) something like this. I guess this would not work

I recommend you follow the articles on Toradex Developer Center.

For example, this one Custom meta layers, recipes and images in Yocto Project (hello-world examples) | Toradex Developer Center where you will be able to follow the step-by-step for some customization use-cases.

Also, please check our webinars where you will find a wide diversity of valuable technical content (Yocto included): Toradex | Embedded Computing Solutions - Webinars.

Best regards,