Problem with SDK build

When attempting to build the SDK via bitbake with:

bitbake tdx-reference-minimal-image -c populate_sdk

I get :

ERROR: nativesdk-util-linux-2.35.1-r0 do_package: QA Issue: nativesdk-util-linux: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package:
/opt/tdx-xwayland/5.4.0/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/lib
/opt/tdx-xwayland/5.4.0/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/lib/systemd
/opt/tdx-xwayland/5.4.0/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/lib/systemd/system
/opt/tdx-xwayland/5.4.0/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/lib/systemd/system/fstrim.service
/opt/tdx-xwayland/5.4.0/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/lib/systemd/system/fstrim.timer
Please set FILES such that these items are packaged. Alternatively if they are unneeded, avoid installing them or delete them within do_install.
nativesdk-util-linux: 5 installed and not shipped files. [installed-vs-shipped]
ERROR: nativesdk-util-linux-2.35.1-r0 do_package: Fatal QA errors found, failing task.
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home2/dallas/projects/obc-2023/build/tmp/work/x86_64-nativesdk-tdxsdk-linux/nativesdk-util-linux/2.35.1-r0/temp/log.do_package.454184
ERROR: Task (virtual:nativesdk:/home2/dallas/projects/obc-2023/build/…/layers/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_2.35.1.bb:do_package) failed with exit code ‘1’

I believe this must be some problem with:

/meta-toradex-bsp-common/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_%.bbappend

Am I over the target? I’ve tried specifying FILES_${PN} (also the new syntax FILES:${PN}) but doesn’t seem to help. I’m out of ideas at this point so any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks - Dallas

Colibri-imx8
Viola Carrier
Linux BSP 5.4.0

Hey @dallas.posey,

bitbake tdx-reference-minimal-image -c populate_sdk should work out of the box with our unmodified reference image. Are you customizing the image in any way? And if you remove your modifications, does it then work?

Thanks

-Eric

Yeah Eric we do have our own layer with an image recipe etc, but I’m not sure how that would affect the reference image. I’ll go back try a stock build environment and see what happens. Will reply here with results. Thx for the response.

hey @dallas.posey,

Just checking in, were you able to isolate the issue/find a solution?

-Eric

I found a temporary fix by adding INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += “installed-vs-shipped” to meta-toradex-bsp-common/recipes-core/util-linux/util-linux_%.bbappend

Not a permanent fix but allowed me to move forward.

Hey @dallas.posey,

Ok sounds good, if you want to work through a different solution, let us know. And we can probe a bit more.

We had a similar customer that was had some out of date vendor layers. Specifically mender layer, does this happen to be the layer you are working with giving issues?

Thanks

-Eric

Well we do use Mender so it certainly could be a factor. Can you be more specific about which Mender layer was the offender? We use meta-mender and meta-mender-community.

Hey @dallas.posey,

Here is a link to the source. systemd: Do not modify DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILE for mender-systemd config by drewmoseley · Pull Request #1928 · mendersoftware/meta-mender · GitHub

As you are on Dunfell (and this is the issue) you would have to fix it locally.

-Eric

Roger that. Thx for the help. I reserve the right to pester you further if I’m too much of a bone head to figure it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Just in case someone finds this useful:
I had the same issue. I could solve it by adding this line to my machine configuration:

DISTRO_FEATURES_BACKFILL:remove = "${@mender_feature_is_enabled('mender-systemd', ' systemd', '', d)}"