Power failure recovery

Hello everyone,

Configuration :

• Ixora V1.2A
  • Apalis iMX6Q V1.1C

I am encountering a problem I’ve never noticed before on Ixora carrier board.
When trying to switch into recovery mode (recovery pins connection and OTG connected), when I shut power down, the board doesn’t boot anymore (none of the LED is on) when power is plugged.
After a random time and random number of retry, it’s seems to restart and fail again.
I have already started and flashed many iMX6 on Apalis board, I’ve never noticed this kind of behavior before…

Is there any explanation for this ?

Thanks in advance,

Guillaume F.

Hi @guillaumef

Could you please share a detailed step-by-step procedure to get to this behavior so we can try to reproduce it?

Please don’t forget to mention every connected cable/device as well as the hardware and software versions used.

Best regards,

Thank you for your answer.
After more experiments, I think that the Ixora board is working, but my Apalis iMX6 seems to be malfunctioning.
Another device was connected to 24V on the shield of an RJ45 connector, and I think Apalis have been damaged that way.

Hello @guillaumef

like @henrique.tx said a detailed step-by-step procedure to get to this behavior so we can try to reproduce it would be great.
otherwise we could do an RMA.

Matthias Gohlke

Hello @matthias.tx and @henrique.tx,

Just to be clear : there is no link with the recovery procedure, it was a wrong analysis.
What I have for now :

• Plug a 12V adapter on Ixora board
  • Press SW ON/OFF button
  • None of the LED switch on
  • Instead of pressing SW1, I also tried to close JP1 for the same results.

Guillaume F

Hi @guillaumef ,

Thanks for sharing the procedure.

If you remove the short for the recovery pins, and reboot, does the module boot again?

Best Regards
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

Yes, I obviously tried without short on recovery pins, and I still have no sign of life.

Guillaume

Hi @guillaumef,

does this happen with all SOMs ? So that we can say it’s the IXORA that does not work?
Can you please measure the voltage on the two pins of JP1 against GND. The signal GND, not the ground of the power supply! You can use Pin 2 of the X5 connector for that.
JP1 Pin 2: should be 3.3 volts.
JP1 Pin 1: should be 0 volts.

Best Regards,
Matthias Gohlke

Hi Matthias,

No, I think the Apalis board has a failure.
When I plugged on the same Ixora two different Apalis, the first one boots normally, and the second one doesn’t. That’s why I can accuse the Apalis board.

I checked the voltages as required on two Ixora carrier boards : JP1 - pin 1 : 0V / JP1 - pin 2 : 5V.

Hi @guillaumef ,

Really sounds like your board is broken.

I guess at this stage for further analysis you can send us the board.

Please file an RMA request here:

Best Regards
Kevin

Hello @guillaumef,

did you sent in the module as RMA or has this case resolved.

Best Regards,

Matthias Gohlke

Hi Matthias,

Yes, the modules have been sent as RMA.

Best regards,

Guillaume F.

Hello @guillaumef,

then they will check it and get back to you.

Best Regards,

Matthias Gohlke