Postioning rotating Cursor in splash screen

Hi,

is it possible to show the rotating cursor in splash screen at another positon? We have a screen rotated by 90 degrees and the cursor is shown in the right third just in the text. That looks quite bad.

Apalis iMX8qm
Ixora 1.1
Torizon 5.3.1
weston-vivante-2.2.0

Greetings @rainer9322,

The boot splash screen is controlled by Plymouth in the initramfs. Plymouth has a config file that can be used to control the properties/position of the spinning icon. This is the default configuration we ship with Torizon: meta-toradex-torizon/spinner.plymouth at dunfell-5.x.y · toradex/meta-toradex-torizon · GitHub

The properties HorizontalAlignment and VerticalAlignment are what control the spinner’s position.

Unfortunately at the moment we don’t provide an easy way to customize this configuration file. The only way at the moment would be to re-build the entire TorizonCore image with a new configuration file. This is a bit of an oversight on our side when we added the feature to customize the splash screen image. Let me make a suggestion to the team to allow this configuration file to be customized as easily as the splash image.

Thank you for reporting this limitation to us.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi,
thanks a lot for your good answer. Do you know how long such a change normally takes until it available for the customer?

Best regards,
Rainer

I can’t give you any timeline yet, I only just submitted the request. The request would still need to be analyzed, planned, and scheduled. Also keep in mind this is a “request” meaning there’s no guarantee it will actually be implemented. If it does get accepted it will be more of a long-term solution.

If this is something you’re going to require in the very near immediate short-term you’ll need implement the alternative solution I suggested earlier. Meaning you’ll need to make the customization with the Yocto build system to create a new TorizonCore image.

Best Regards,
Jeremias