OpenEmbedded error during do_imagedeploy step

Good morning,
I’m working on a Colibri iMX7 Dual 1GB+Iris carrier board v2.0A. Using OpenEmbedded (Bitbake v1.36.0). I’m trying to create a custom image starting from your angstrom-lxde-image demo. I’ve followed the web-in-air videos available on your site. I was able to build the provided image without problems, then add my custom layer and machine configuration. All the build process seems to work (I get no error or warning, and in the deploy folder i can find .imx files) but I’m experiencing an error during the do_imagedeploy phase in which, i suppose, toradex-specific scripts are used to package together the various .imx files into the final .tar file used for flashing onto the board. Attached you find the log of the error.

As shown in the web-in-air, i create the “oe-core/layers/meta-mylayername/recipes-images/images/files/mymachinename/mymachinename_bin” symbolic link which points to the “oe-core/layers/meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/images/files/colibri-imx7/colibri-imx7_bin” folder. Looking at the log file, it seems to me he’s complaining about the fact that an “u-boot.imx” file is already present. I’ve run the build process many times, adding modifications little by little. For this reason I’ve tried to clean the bootloader, running “bitbake -c cleansstate virtual/bootloader” and then rebuilding the full image, but the same error always reappear.

What am i doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Paolo Michelotti.
link text

Dear @PaoloMichelotti93

Can you maybe share your meta-layer with us? I think the cp operation you do is simply not necessary because it says both files are just the same. So if you do a cp somewhere in your recipe just remove that.

Regards,
Stefan

Here’s my “meta-fitest” layer, i’va added also the bblayers and local.conf files. I’ve made no others modifications out of these files.
With this layer i’m trying to do the following things:

• create and use a dev tree binary which release uartb, to be used with M4 processor
  • remove connman packages, and use systemd with static configured IP
  • add QT5, build-essential and debug-tool package
  • automatically load “imx_rpmsg_tty” driver at startup
    I can’t find the point in which i may do that copy operation which seems to create the error…
    Thanks for your help.
    Regaeds,
    Paolo

link text

Dear @PaoloMichelotti93

I assume the problem comes from recipes-images/images/tdx-image-fstype.inc… What happens if you don’t add that? E.g. by commenting this line out:

# require recipes-images/images/tdx-image-fstype.inc

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
you were right !! I’ve commented out “require recipes-images/images/tdx-image-fstype.inc” and the build process completed succesfully without any errors.
However, still i don’t have the final .tar file, the …bootfs.tar.xz, etc (i’m comparing with the content of the deploy folder of the angstrom-lxde-image demo)… What is still missing?
Attached what i find in the deploy directory (output of tree command).
link text
Thanks,
Paolo

Dear @PaoloMichelotti93

I think the best would be if you try to stick as close to what we do in our BSP. The following in your machine class should generate a Toradex Easy Installer conform image:

IMAGE_CLASSES += "image_type_tezi"

See this include file for it:
http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-nxp.git/tree/conf/machine/include/colibri-imx7-emmc.inc?h=rocko

Regards,
Stefan

Ok, i was missing that .inc file, now all works properly! Thank you very much @stefan_e.tx, really appreciate your help!
Have a nice day,
Paolo

Hi @PaoloMichelotti93
Perfect, thanks a lot for the feedback!
Regards,
Stefan