OpenCV development on Windows

Hi

I’m looking at developing our application in C++ with OpenCV and I’m wondering what the best approach would be. I saw an older article which suggested using the traditional “scp” way of transferring the compiled app. The new quick start guides rely on the visual studio extension and containers to operate, although no example with OpenCV is done.

The older article is quite clear on how to do things,but I have a few questions

1. Is there any way to get the tool chain working on a windows machine? I know it’s possible in general with OE, just curious if there are any limitations

2. Is it possible to get opencv development and deployment done using the visual studio extension?

3. I’m still new to embedded Linux, what would be the recommended way to approach this?

Thank you!

Ad 1) Everything can be built on windows, only sometimes it’s a waste of time

Option A ,
Build reference image , build SDK, use cross compiler from Downloads | GNU-A Downloads – Arm Developer
it is possible, it works,

Option B ,
Build reference image , build SDK , use WSL2

1 Like

I’ve decided to go with option B. I’m thinking I’ll be able to use Visual Studio Code along with the built SDK and a remote GDB server to make everything work. Am I on the right track?

Hello @alexxs ,

I would also try Option B and make it work for my application. Good luck with the build :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Janani

I was able to get this built, but did it within an Ubuntu virtual image. Everything worked fine and was able to successfully debug the application remotely using Eclipse. I now have another issue, but will create a different thread for that.

Thanks to all!

1 Like