Offline update from multiple sources

Can aktualizr monitor two different update package paths at the same time like
offline_updates_source = /var/rootdirs/media/USB/update or /home/torizon/update ?

Greetings @Serghey,

It’s not possible to set multiple sources for offline updates. May I ask why exactly for what purpose you’d need such a functionality?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Currently we designed the application to download update package to EMMC (ethernet or WiFi)
For standalone units it will be desirable to save offline update option from USB. But if aktualizr is monitoring just one path it is impossible to serve both.
Thank you.

If I understand correctly, your offline update Lockboxes can come from network download, in which case they get downloaded to location A. Or they come via the standard USB method in which case they’d be located in location B. You want an offline update to occur if a Lockbox is found on either location A or B, correct?

Couldn’t you just have Aktualizr monitor another path, location C for example. Then you can create a script, service, or application that monitors location A and B. Then whenever your logic sees a Lockbox in location A or B it copies/movies it location C. Which then effectively triggers the update.

This would let you tune the monitoring logic to your specific needs. Though you’d need to handle certain edge-cases. For example what happens if a Lockbox is found at location A and B at the same time? Which takes priority?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Yes, we considered this workaround like monitoring content of USB from the application and move it to the different location which will be checked by aktualizr. Just curious, if more simple method exists like place some script into *.toml file in config.d.
Best regards,
Serghey.

Oh, so do you already have such a workaround in place then? Or are you blocked on this?

Best Regards,
Jeremias

No we are not blocked it works, just try avoid copying 1.2G package from USB to EMMC.
Thank you,
Serghey.

Well you don’t have to copy or move the Lockbox off the USB. You could have your monitoring logic mount the USB to the location monitored by Aktualizr, so that the USB Lockbox is on the expected path. Or you could link the locations with a symlink or such.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Unfortunately not all customers have USB stick plugged in, so for them update from Ethernet will be not available.

Unfortunately not all customers have USB stick plugged in, so for them update from Ethernet will be not available.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to state here. If there’s no USB stick available how does that affect the updates coming from Ethernet? Aren’t these independent from one another?

Also your reply here doesn’t seem related to my message you were replying to.

Best Regards,
Jeremias