NVIDIA L4T R16 on Colibri T30 Errors

Hi!

I’m facing a similar issue than this post, but the proposed fixes doesn’t fix my problem. After flashing my device with NVIDIA’s rootfs, my device prints the following message several time and I cannot access logging prompt:

init: Failed to create pty - disabling logging for job

I know it’s a problem related to upstart which is mentioned in the release notes for L4T R16.5. I tried to modify my /etc/init/nv.conf by commenting the line and changing the “Y” for “N”.

# nv

description     "NVIDIA specific init script"

start on started udev

task

script
	# power state
	if [ -e /sys/power/state ]; then
		chmod 0666 /sys/power/state
	fi

if [ -e /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/auto_hotplug ] ; then
		#echo 1 > /sys/module/cpu_tegra3/parameters/auto_hotplug
	fi

# lp2 idle state
	if [ -e /sys/module/cpuidle/parameters/lp2_in_idle ] ; then
		echo "N" > /sys/module/cpuidle/parameters/lp2_in_idle
	fi

# mmc read ahead size
	if [ -e /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb ]; then
	   echo 2048 > /sys/block/mmcblk0/queue/read_ahead_kb
	fi
	if [ -e /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/read_ahead_kb ]; then
		echo 2048 > /sys/block/mmcblk1/queue/read_ahead_kb
	fi
end script

However, these changes didn’t fix the problem and I don’t really know what to do next.

Here are the details about my setup:

• Colibri T30 v1.1B with Iris Board v2.0A
  • Linux LXDE BSP 2.8.7 with L4T rootfs as described in this guide.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce your issue as the necessary L4T root filesystem files are no longer available from NVIDIA. Please note that all operations on the RootFS should be performed with root privileges. I recommend carefully repeating all necessary steps.
Please also note that Colibri T30 is a discontinued (EOL) product, see “Revision History” for details. Toradex prepared a guide that helps customers using end-of-life (EOL) Tegra products migrate to recommended hardware and software solutions for their products. For more information, consult the Tegra Migration Guide.

Hi Alex,

I used the resources available on NVIDIA’s release website.

Linux For Tegra R16 | NVIDIA Developer

I retried the whole process making sure I was using the root privileges, but without success. It’s unfortunate, since I was sure that the hot plug fix was going to work. I’ll stick to the Angstrom distribution.

Thanks for your help :slightly_smiling_face: