Nothing on 10.1" LVDS display with Mallow carrier

Hello everyone,

I have the Verdin iMX8M Plus with the Mallow carrier Board, and I am trying to power up the 10.1" LVDS Display.

I have the latest reference multimedia image and i added verdin-imx8mp_panel-cap-touch-10inch-lvds_overlay.dtbo and remove verdin-imx8mp_hdmi_overlay-dtbo in my overlays.txt. Sync and reboot the Verdin.

The HDMI screen is going black but still nothing is happening on the LVDS screen. Did I miss a step ?

Thanks for your answer

Coline

Hi @coline ,

can you try to write this command?

gpioset 4 1=1

This is a known issue and it seems to be only the fact that the backlight is off.

Let me know if it worked.

Best Regards
Kevin

Hi @kevin.tx,

Sorry for my delayed answer, I tried putting your command after changing overlay.txt with the lvds overlay. But I obtained the following error :

gpioset: error setting the GPIO line values. Device of ressource busy.

Thanks in advance,

Coline

Hi @coline ,

I see :thinking:

verdin-imx8mp_mezzanine_panel-cap-touch-10inch-lvds_overlay.dtbo and verdin-imx8mp_hdmi_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_dsi-to-hdmi_overlay.dtbo

Can you apply all of these overlays and try again?

Best Regards
Kevin

Hi @kevin.tx ,

Unfortunately still nothing on the screen. But I don’t have any error when setting the GPIO this time.

Best regards,
Coline

Hi @coline ,

Apart from what @kevin.tx said, one thing that is not always clear is that there is a jumper, JP1 on the board schematics, that you need to enable so the display is powered (must be a 12V power source). Don’t know if this is your problem, but worth checking it.

Just for double checking, which version of Mallow are you using?

Regards,
João Paulo Goncalves