Node red on imx7D with yocto

I am trying to bitbake nodejs for Yocto with colibri iMX7D and aster carrier board, and facing same issue. I added meta-nodejs layer , but compilation failed with same error. I observed that in file nodejs_7.inc, arm7l is not listed in compatible architecture as follows:

DESCRIPTION = "Node.js is a JavaScript runtime built on Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine"
 HOMEPAGE = "http://nodejs.org"

LICENSE = "MIT"

COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_armv4 = "(!.*armv4).*"
 # COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_armv5 = "(!.*armv5).*"
 COMPATIBLE_MACHINE_mips64 = "(!.*mips64).*"

INC_PR = "r1"
 PR = "${INC_PR}.4"

PROVIDES = "node"
 RPROVIDES_${PN} = "node"

SRC_URI = "https://nodejs.org/dist/v${PV}/node-v${PV}.tar.gz;name=src \
            file://no-registry_6.x.patch"

S = "${WORKDIR}/node-v${PV}"

CACHE = ""

inherit nodejs-arch

ARCHFLAGS_arm = "${@bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', 'callconvention-hard', '--with-arm-float-abi=hard', '--with-arm-float-abi=softfp', d)} \
                  ${@bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', 'neon', '--with-arm-fpu=neon', \
                     bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', 'vfpv3d16', '--with-arm-fpu=vfpv3-d16', \
                     bb.utils.contains('TUNE_FEATURES', 'vfpv3', '--with-arm-fpu=vfpv3', \
                     '--with-arm-fpu=vfp', d), d), d)}"
 ARCHFLAGS ?= ""

Above is pseudo-file. Please tell how can i do that

My ultimate goal is to run node-red on my board. How can I do that??

Did you try adding this to a custom image?

hi @garima09

Could you provide the software version of your module?

am trying to bitbake nodejs for Yocto with colibri iMX7D and aster carrier board, and facing same issue. I added meta-nodejs layer , but compilation failed with same error. I observed that in file nodejs_7.inc, arm7l is not listed in compatible architecture as follows:

Where did you add this meta-nodejs layer?
Which errors did you get?
Where did you get his information about compatible architecture?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx
I have tried this link, i have already added meta-iot-cloud layer to my sources. At the time of bitbake image as follows:
MACHINE=colibri-imx7-emmc bitbake core-image-base
Errors occur due to nodejs, that is my problem

hi @jaski.tx
I am running my customised yocto on toradex.
When i run uname -a, i get:-
Linux colibri-imx7-emmc 4.9.166-2.8.6+gd899927 #1 SMP Thu Jun 6 08:05:07 UTC 2019 armv7l GNU/Linux

I have added layer meta-nodejs( form OpenSource Layer Index) to my sources directory. If you check meta-nodejs layer and follow path:- meta-nodejs/recipes-devtools/nodejs/nodejs_7.inc
(In my question I have already mentioned respective file), you will see the machine incompatibility.
Please explore all files off nodejs folder

Hi
Thanks for your Input.

If you check meta-nodejs layer and follow path:- meta-nodejs/recipes-devtools/nodejs/nodejs_7.inc (In my question I have already mentioned respective file), you will see the machine incompatibility

Thats ok for iMX7. First of all nodejs is compatible with Arm_v6, Arm_v7 and Armv8 and iMX7 has Arm_V7 core.

Did you get any erro log during compilation? If yes, then please share the complete log?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx I am attatching the error (png) file, which i get whenever i add meta-nodejs layer. In my localalt text.conf file, respective modifications are:-

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-image kernel-devicetree opkg openssh connman ofono libmodbus kernel-module-atemsys python nodejs node-red"

More detailed log file attachedalt text

hi @garima09

The images are for log not useful. Could you provide the complete log in a text file?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski