New Colibri T20 module is not accessible

Hello,
I have a new Colibri T20 module. Initially when I placed in on our board and it produced the APX not found error.
1424-apx-driver-not-found.jpg
Then I insert it in the evaluation board V2.1 and I received USB not recognized message and there was no signal on the display connected to the board.
I put it in our board again using another PC, it would recognize the APX drive but nothing else happens. The mobile device center doesn’t connect.
In the “devices and printers” folder it says that this device (APX) is working properly.
But the Colibri folder doesn’t appear in my computer folder and I can’t access the device.
How can I get it to work?

Thanks

Pleas follow Toradex getting started guide - Quickstart Guide - Toradex

Hello,
I have looked thoroughly in the link you suggested but I didn’t find anything helpful.
This was not the first new T20 colibri I was programing. The rest work as soon as I inserted them in the Evaluation board and I have never had this issue.
Do you have any other recommendation as where the problem might be and how to get it working?
Thanks

Dear @shiva_eghbal,

Thank you for your reply.

Is it only one module behaving like this?
Is it very time behaving like this? or already module was working and suddenly this issue occurred?
It maybe the factor firmware or module went bad. Could you please follow steps and let us know the result.

Can you verify is there any debug log output? if it is outputting then capture the log and share with us.

If there is no debug log message then could you try to recover the module as described here: https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/txx-recovery-mode, please confirm before that the recovery setup is working well with another working module.

If possible, can you share a snapshot of module picture with good resolution camera, let us try to visually verify if everything OK there.

Thank you.

Have a nice day!

Hello,

Yes it was only one of the new modules and it behaved like that every time since I took it out of the box.
I tried following the recover mode for Txx modules. I didn’t have the bootloader menu but since the APX drive was the only thing working properly, I followed the steps from that point onward. I flashed the new Win CE7 image using the update.bat in nvflash folder, opened ce7.cfg then I got an error in the command page saying that this device is not recognised and the 16 digit barcode is needed.

I scanned the small 2D barcode on top of the module with a barcode scanner and typed the 16 digit number in.

Then it partioned the drive I think and overwrote the windows CE.
finally Toradex win CE page came up and it’s been working fine.

Thanks

Hello,

Yes it was only one of the new modules and it behaved like that every time since I took it out of the box.
I tried following the recover mode for Txx modules. I didn’t have the bootloader menu but since the APX drive was the only thing working properly, I followed the steps from that point onward. I flashed the new Win CE7 image using the update.bat in nvflash folder, opened ce7.cfg then I got an error in the command page saying that this device is not recognised and the 16 digit barcode is needed.

I scanned the small 2D barcode on top of the module with a barcode scanner and typed the 16 digit number in.

Then it partioned the drive I think and overwrote the windows CE.
finally Toradex win CE page came up and it’s been working fine.

Thanks