NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab

We are getting these messages in the error logs of WEC 7. When I install the NETCFv35.Messages.EN.wm.cab from the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\WindowsCE\Diagnostics folder of my PC and run on the WEC 7, it says:

The file is not a valid windows embedded compact setup file. Where can I get the setup file?

alt text

You need to run the NETCFv35.wm.armv4i on the WEC7 target. It has the binaries for the ARMv4 arch…

If you don’t need the messages you can also use the CAB file we provide and prevent the installation done by Visual Sutio:

1. Download and Install .NET Compact Framework directly to the FlashDisk of the device from here.
  2. Run the cab installer by double clicking the file.
  3. Save the registry and reboot the device.
  4. In Visual Studio navigate to Solution Explorer in visual studio > Right Click on Solution > Properties > Devices.
  5. Uncheck “Deploy the Latest version of the .NET Compact Framework (including Service Packs)”.

Hi I used the file attached and same problem!

https://share.toradex.com/77saq358ts4ks6t

@marifhossain: Did you check the way described bellow in my answer?

The .NET application crashes due to some problems in the application. Not all error messages (strings) are installed by the .NET compact frame work by default. If you would like to see the error messages, you can install the respective messages cab file, you can find it here:

If the problem always occurs, it should be easy to hook up your system to a debugger which would break in case the exception also occurs with this setup.

We still have issues after following your method:

alt text