Need Circuitmaker compatible export of Viola carrier design

Toradex provides Altium Designer files for the Viola carrier board but this is a paid (and expensive) package. Circuitmaker is the free alternative from Altium that can’t read the native files but can read files exported from Altium Designer in the right format.

Can someone with Altium Designer load the Viola carrier design posted on the Toradex Site below and send me the exported files?
[Viola Altium Project (Altium Designer Release 10)]
https://docs.toradex.com/111981-viola-carrier-board-altium-project.zip

From the Altium Designer PCB editor menu, select File » Export » CircuitMaker or File » Export » CircuitStudio command.

From the Altium Designer Schematic editor menu, select File → Export and select one of the “ACCEL ASCII” formats like P-CAD V16 ASCII.

Thanks in advance for the help!!
…John

Hi @jstuewe,

We can do that. Can you please confirm the hardware version of the hardware you’re interested in? Is it the Viola or the Viola Plus?

Best Regards,
Hiago.

Viola plus, it that’s just a boom option on the same design package.

… John

| hfranco.tx Field Application Engineer - Toradex US Team
April 11 |

• | - |

Hi @jstuewe,

We can do that. Can you please confirm the hardware version of the hardware you’re interested in? Is it the Viola or the Viola Plus?

Best Regards,
Hiago.

Could you please specify a HW revision of Viola board you are interested in?

The latest available. The design files in the link are v1.2 but there is a reference to 1.2b that I don’t have any details on.

Any updates?

Hi @jstuewe,

Sorry for the delay, I created a ticket internally with our hardware team but I don’t have any updates yet. I will give a reply here once I have these files for you.

Best Regards,
Hiago.

Hi @jstuewe,

Here are the files: Download - Toradex File Sharing Platform (they will be available for 3 months).

Please note that we can’t guarantee all the conversion is going to work.

Best Regards,
Hiago.

Thank you.
It took quite a while to get the PCB and Schematic to connect together but I finally worked through it.