mSATA not detected with WEC2013

Hi,

I inserted a mSATA SSD(60GB, SFSA060GU4AA2TO-I-LB-226-STD) in X23 slot but the WEC2013 OS was not able to detect it. Is there any configuration I need to do make the mSATA work?

Thanks

Dear @yzoupri

SATA is currently not supported in the T30 WinCe BSP. How important is this feature for you? If there is a real business case we might reconsider implementing it.
Could you use other storage interfaces such as USB or SD?

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

It is actually a very import feature for our application (a medical device control system). We will use USB storage as another purpose. As far as the SD, we had some bad experience with it so we’d like to see the SSD work with our system. Do you have any timeline to have SATA functional in WinCE BSP? It is very much appreciated if have this function in your BSP.

Yong

Hi Andy,

It is actually a very import feature for our application (a medical device control system). We will use USB storage as another purpose. As far as the SD, we had some bad experience with it so we’d like to see the SSD work with our system.
Do you have any timeline to have SATA functional in WinCE BSP? It is very much appreciated if have this function in your BSP.

Yong

Hi @yzoupri

Actually we didn’t have any schedule to add this feature. I will inform our FAE team to get in contact with you to discuss whether we could add SATA support for you.

I just want to point out that WEC2013 is an OS which is not approaching the end-of-life at Microsoft. At Toradex we keep supporting the OS for the lifetime of our modules already featuring Windows CE, but there will be most probably no follow-up modules with Windows CE support.
So Windows CE is still a good choice if your horizon is not too long. But if you are looking for a long-term solution I recommend to look into our Linux-based systems - Linux itself or our Torizon OS.

Regards, Andy