Missing qmake in Qt SDK using LinuxImage3.0

Following tutorial OpenEmbedded (core) using version 3.0 I was able to built console-tdx-image. Than I wanted to add Qt into it, so I followed the How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux tutorial choosing Build with OpenEmbedded Layers.

In this process I added into build/conf/local.conf

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " qtbase qtdeclarative qtimageformats qtmultimedia qtquickcontrols2 qtquickcontrols "

After that I run bitbake -k console-tdx-image and bitbake -k console-tdx-image -c populate_sdk. The built SDK was installed successfully but it is missing the crucial qmake. Nothing in sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake or in sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake.

What I’m missing?

HI @cicicok

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Community!

To include the Qt Tools in your SDK, either you need to make lxqt-image or add inherit populate_sdk_qt5 in your image recipe as explained here.

Best regards,
Jaski

For everybody who will be struggling as I, you can use this tutorial (from 06 Jan 2020), but there are few changes. There is no qtquick1 in 3.0 so just leave it.

Add to ~/oe-core/build/conf/local.conf this:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " qtbase qtdeclarative qtimageformats qtmultimedia qtquickcontrols2 qtquickcontrols "

The second step needs to be done before starting the bitbake process, as mentioned you need to add inherit populate_sdk_qt5 to the image you are building. I’m building the console-tdx-image, so I added it its image recipe ~/oe-core/layers/meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/images/console-tdx-image.bb

Run bitbake and thats all.

P.S. qmake will be in this version no longer located at /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin/qt5/qmake but at /opt/tdx-x11/2.6.4/sysroots/x86_64-tdxsdk-linux/usr/bin/qmake

HI @cicicok

Thanks for your valuable input.

Best regards,
Jaski