Missing library libc.so

Hello,
I am trying to install some software on a Linux system version after 2.8, so no Angstrom anymore (there was another problem with these). The problem is that every time I try to download a package or to install it after manual download, almost every package complains about the missing libc library. For example opkg install file leads to:

(...)
Problem 1/1:
 - nothing provides libc needed by file-5.37-1.arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4
(...)

What I already did:

I already tested the Linux 5.0 Multimedia demo image and have now flashed the QT demo image, but the problem is still the same.
I updated /etc/opkg/opkg.conf with:

arch armv7a 100
arch arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4 101
src openwrt downloads.openwrt.org/releases/packages-19.07/arm_cortex-a7-neon-vfpv4/packages/

Is there already a problem with the architecture perhaps? As far as I can see, the imx7 Dual should meet the given architecture requirements that I appended to the file…
I was able to install pip over the python3-API but over opkg install nothing works. In /lib/ the library libc.so is missing, but libc.so.6 is present. If I install for example nano with supressing errors ldd /usr/bin/nano leads to:

(...)
libncursesw.so.6 => not found
(...)
libc.so => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x76ea2000)
/lib/ld-musl-armhf.so.1 => /lib/ld-linux-armhf.so.3 (0x76fbe000)

Creating symlinks for libc.so (and libncursesw respectively) to the existing lib does not help. Executing nano still leads to:

-sh /usr/bin/nano: No such file or directory

Which seems to be a misleading error information, because the executable exists and the library just can´t be found…
I am not even sure if libc.so should be a real library or a linker script, see the following page… Can someone tell me that?

Does someone have a suggestion how I can solve this problem to install (at least any) software over opkg. Building a custom image is currently not possible for me due to company´s internet restrictions and I also want to understand what the problem really is and how to solve it.

Hi @msx23

Could you provide the version of the hardware (including carrier board) and software of your module?

The problem is that every time I try to download a package or to install it after manual download, almost every package complains about the missing libc library. For example opkg

Which software/packages are you trying to install?
As alternative you can also build a custom image with the packages of your choice as explained here.

Best regards,
Jaski

Colibri iMX7D 512MB V1.1D
Viola Carrier Board V1.2B

Linux version is the QT demo image from here(I have to lookup the exact version the next time I can access the board):

But as I said same problem on other Linux systems. And it happens for almost every software package, because almost everything requires libc. For exaple I want to install “nano”, “file” and “gcc”. Especially gcc for installing numpy afterwards

Hi

Linux version is the QT demo image from here(I have to lookup the exact version the next time I can access the board):

This is just a demo image. I recommend you install a stable Bsp 2.8.7 image or if you need QT Support, then build a custom image.

Best regards,
Jaski

I already tried an Angstrom version, which lead to another issue:
https://www.toradex.com/community/questions/22978/gcc-in-apalis-imx6-cannot-compile-anymore.html?childToView=53298#comment-53298

That´s why I tried with a demo image…

Ok, but the only solution to your issue is build a custom image.