Missing API calls

Hello,

I am porting our Windows Source for Windows CE 8 using Toradex Windows Embedded Compact 2013 SDK.

We have resolved majority of function definition/declaration issues, however we cannot find anything for the below mentioned APIs that we intend to use.
Could you please help with the below mentioned APIs as to where we can find these functions in the SDK or if there are wrapper functions available for these in Toradex which we can use in replacement.

GetDriveType,
GetSystemDirectory/SHGetKnownFolderPath,
GetLogicalDriveString,
GetVolumeInformation,
LookUpPrivilegeValue,
AdjustTokenPrivilege,
SetEntriesInACL,
SetNamedSecurityInfo,
OpenProcessToken,
CryotAcquireContextA,
InitializeSecurityDescriptor,
SetSecurityDescriptorDacl.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Sachin

Windows CE does not have the concept of drive letters. Therefore some features are not available, others are different than on a PC.
The Storage manager API should cover most of your requested functionality. For the GetSystemDirectory(), you could easily write your own wrapper and simply return a fixed string.

WinCe does not implement the full access security and user management that Desktop Windows does. For this part you will need to understand your original application and adjust it to Windows CE concepts.

Thank you Andy for your inputs.
However, what confuses me is that when I check the function declarations like SetFileSecurity() or RegSetKeySecurity(), they expect SECURITY_INFORMATION & SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR as input parameters. So, if these values are to be passed to the above mentioned functions, there has to be a mechanism to initialize and set the structure to the requisite values (like in case of Windows with the help of InitializeSecurityDescriptor, SetSecurityDescriptorDacl calls).

If the corresponding SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR structure is expected by the API, then there has to be some mechanism to initialise and set it, which we could not find in the SDK. If these are not applicable, then how do they play a role in the SetFileSecurity() or RegSetKeySecurity() API calls and how to use them.

Thanks

Regards,
Sachin

@sjain,

I am not expert on this topic. I quickly searched sample code on Windows Embedded Compact 2013 but couldn’t find anything.
Maybe, there is GetFileSecurity function is available. First, read SECURITY_INFORMATION and SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR through that and then change your desired setting then call SetFileSecurity.