Menuconfig not working for 2.8b4

I had yocto build for V2.8b3 working ok and could use menuconfig to add drivers to the distribution. Yesterday I did a resync of the repository to get the latest version of Linux, but menuconfig no longer works.

I am using

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-toradex-rt"

Using

$ bitbake console-tdx-image 

builds the image ok and runs ok on the module.
If I now
$ bitbake virtual/kernel -c menuconfig
The system starts ok and gets to the point of

linux-toradex-rt-4.9.1.0.........     do_menuconfig

but it goes no further. I have tried this on two different computers and have exceeded 24 hours on both machines.

I have attached my local.conf filelink text

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Also if you know how i can roll back to v2.8b3 would be appreciated.

Hi

Note that using menuconfig spawns a new terminal.

Did you not notice a new window being displayed?
Does the configured (or default) terminal that OE not work in your installation?

Have a look here on how to configure which terminal emulator is to be used. Of course that emulator must also be installed on your build host.

Max

P.S. IMHO using OE’s menuconfig to do kernel development is not the right way to go. I would rather recommend to configure and change whatever needed in the kernel outside of the OE environment and once you have your changes ready integrate the defconfig and changes with a bbappend file into OE.

Thanks for the feedback. I reloaded from source and was able to run menuconfig ok, however, this then caused errors when rebuilding console-tdx-image. The errror is as follows:

ERROR: When reparsing /home/lachlan/toradex/oe-core/build/../layers/meta-toradex-demos/recipes-images/images/console-tdx-image.bb.do_image_teziimg, the basehash value changed from a6a7d3196c649ea2e8a6df95ae270c2a to 59828841f4f56c6e62bfd31711d42dc8. The metadata is not deterministic and this needs to be fixed.

All I did in the menuconfig was enable the userspace io drivers. The kernel still builds ok. Is there any way to fix the errors?

I ill also try creating a defconfig patch and bbappend file, but the menuconfig is easy if it works

hi, we know about these errors and we did not find the time to fix them. For the moment, you just can ignore them, since the build will be not fail due to these errors.