Maximal capacity of SD card supported by Iris, Colibri iMX7D and WEC2013

Hi,
I use a 128GB SD Card and run into Troubles, is there a capacity Limit using iMX7D on Iris board running WEC2013?
I create a file, ok. I edit/delete this file and end up with 2 files, same name in the explorer window. My app also run into an exception after the first write to the file, ‘Directory not found’

Any idea?

With best regards

Gerhard

This is related to the following community post:

Dear @Gerhard
This is probably caused by a known issue in our Colibri iMX7D BSP. It will be fixed in the next BSP revision V1.2b4.
Regards, Andy

Additional info:

I copied some hundred Images to the card using “Remote Tools/File Viewer”, than after a while I removed the card from the device and put it into my Win 7 PC. I tried to open about 10 files (digital camera Images, very high Resolution) works fine, no Errors.
I put the card back in the device.
My Software opens a text file write two lines, first ok, second not. Error ‘No such directory’.
Same Software works for about a year running WEC2013 too, but different SoM (different manufacturer).
File System is exFAT, as my PC told me.
Card is Thoshiba, 128GB.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi Andy,
ok, fine.
When can I expect the fix?
Is there any work around?
I start porting the application and to do my work I Need a working mass storage.
With best regards

Gerhard

Dear @Gerhard
You can expect the release of V1.2b4 before the end of the year.
Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

ok. Ist he file system working on USB stick?

Can I use smaller Card/stick without that problems?

With best regards

Dear @Gerhard
We saw the issue only on SD cards (also on smaller SD cards). We never saw similar problems on USB sticks, so going for USB is currently the safest workaround.
Regards, Andy