LVDS wire for Iris Carrier Board 2.0

Dear @gauravks and @Eduardo

We have tested the setup and are having the same issues as you are.
We tested it with BSP 5.6.0-devel-202203 and were so far unable to resolve it. We are going to have a look at it with our team and will contact you as soon as we have an update.

Best regards,

Collin

Hi @Eduardo !

Could you please share the device tree changes (or device tree overlay) that you are using for your display?

Best regards,

Hi @henrique.tx ,

We will send you the requested information by email.

Cheers!

V

Hi @vic !

Email received.

Thanks!

Just to note that we have the Toradex 10" display working, as described here.

This was the latest Toradex Yocto Multimedia Reference image (5.6.x I believe) and using the display overlays that come with it - just needed to edit the Overlays.txt as described.

I notice one overlay “colibri-imx8x_atmel-mxt-connector_overlay.dtbo” which I’m pretty sure we were not using before…

Hi @Timo,

Thanks for updating us. Does this mean that it’s working now? The LVDS device tree overlays as you said are not enabled by default so you’d need to add them. About the existence of the colibri-imx8x_atmel-mxt-connector_overlay.dtbo I’m not sure if it was a new addition but if it was missing before this may explain why the screen was not working.

Can we tag the post as solved, then?

Best regards,

Hi,

Sorry not to have responded before – I’ve been away…

For us the problem isn’t solved until we have got it working with our screen. Still we can be sure now that at least we are getting some sensible output. We now have to find time to set up sensible timings for our screen in the overlay (which may hopefully also work with your Toradex display) and then review our cable.

Currently though this is not top priority – the hardware development window for this project has long-since passed. So, this is more a background task, for potential future projects.

In any case, we will keep the list updated, as and when we make any progress.

All the best,

Tim

1 Like