LVDS display with Colibri imx8x

Hi, I have build BSP 4.0 image for colibri imx8x v1.0b. Now i’d like to add support for this lvds display.
I found some docs link, link but i don’t fully understand how to modify device tree. The display is connected to the X18 connector on the eval board. I will be glad to get help. Thanks.

root@colibri-imx8x-v10b:/etc# uname -a
Linux colibri-imx8x-v10b 4.14.170-4.0.0-devel+git.62ad468b3107 #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Oct 6 09:06:41 UTC 2020 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Please note that BSP 4 reached the end of life and is no longer supported. Either use BSP 3 LTS or the more recent BSP 5. Note that support of V1.0B early access prototypes/samples may be limited and starting with BSP 4 one needs to use the legacy MACHINE colibri-imx8x-v10b which you already seem to have found out.

The X18 connector is actually an LVDS interface coming from an on-carrier single-channel LVDS transceiver off parallel RGB. So from a software configuration point of view, this is just regular parallel RGB.

Hi, @marcel.tx . Thanks for reply. I created patch similar to this example.
[upload|ZI106Ws9IekVx53PeEm0RG/aILw=] and recompile kernel.
Now i get this errors:
[upload|SvhZ+CcSfm1Z8eQ+KplH5+6a48c=]
Maybe you can help me find what i missed or did wrong. Thanks

I moved to BSP5, use colibri-imx8x_parallel-rgb_overlay.dts overlay and it’s worked.