LVDS Display on Colibri

I have a 10 inch LVDS display connected to the Colibri iMX8DX via connector X2 (30 pin FFC). I followed the document “Qt Debian Container for Torizon” and executing QT5 containers through portainer. I get no image on the LVDS display. I installed “imx8qxp-colibri-lvds-single-eval-v3.dts” via Torizon Core Builder. It appears the LVDS signals from the Colibri are not activated.

I’m not sure if something else needs done.

Thanks.

How exactly your LVDS display is connected? Have you checked LVDS signals by connecting a scope or just assume that LVDS signals are not activated because display is blank?.

I determined the LVDS signal are not active by using an oscilloscope, there is no LVDS data or LVDS clock. I’m using X2 located on bottom side of Colibri IMX8 to connect to the display.

I have proven the setup i’m using is good. Using a Colibri iMX8DX 1GB version 1.0B with the same display, cable, carrier board, etc I can display a custom image someone created using Qt with C++. The connection to the display is also with X2 located on the bottom of the Colibri. The clock and data signals show as expected on an oscilloscope.

Again, my intent is to get an image on the 10 inch LVDS display following the steps in “Qt Debian Container for Torizon” using Colibri IMX8DX, 1 GB version 1.0D. What device tree should i use for the 10 inch LVDS display? Is there anything else that would be different that i need to consider?

Are you talking about Toradex 10" LVDS display? If so - it has no 30 pin FFC connector. So please describe how exactly your display is connected?

see attached on using X2 for the LVDS display. A custom cable assembly was made to connect between X2 and the LVDS display.
alt text

see attached on using X2 for the LVDS display. A custom cable assembly was made to connect between X2 and the LVDS display.
alt text

Greetings @CEK,

I believe even with the base device tree change, this doesn’t inherently enable the LVDS interface by default.

Could you try applying device tree overlays as shown here: Device Tree Overlays on Torizon | Toradex Developer Center

There’s a table too on the page that shows which overlays are needed for which display. Just do double-check that the kernel version matches, otherwise the overlay may not apply cleanly.

Best Regards,
Jeremias