Loading new image

Hardware:
Apalis iMX8
Ixora Carrier Board

How can I get an image onto the board without going through the whole recovery mode process. Either through using tezi or just loading the image onto the board directly. I’ve read through most of the toradex easy installer links and a few forums posts about this but I still haven’t been able to get it to work.

tldr: how to boot board with image from sd an card

The standard method for flashing an OS image onto Toradex modules, including Apalis iMX8, is by using the Toradex Easy Installer. All new Toradex modules come pre-flashed with the Toradex Easy Installer, so you don’t need to use recovery mode. Recovery mode is only necessary if you want to reload the Toradex Easy Installer to unbrick your module or to flash another OS image. It is also possible to boot your board from an SD card, but this only works if your Apalis module has a running U-Boot that is Distro Boot compatible . Please refer to this articles for more details:

Hi @gustavusd ,

I wanted to follow up to see if your issue has been resolved or if you might need any further assistance. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s more we can do to help.

Hi,

Yes my issue has been resolved thank you