LM816 concurrent mode with linux and colibri iMX6

Dear support,
I am using LM006 for our production product and it works in concurrent mode.
I can see two wireless interface wlan0 and wlan1 and they can be configured to act as softAP or client.

Now you replaced the LM006 with the LM816 and looking into the driver I am unable to see how to enable the concurrent mode again, and we are stuck with a single interface and our product don’t work as expected.

Do you known any way to modify the driver and let the LM816 work in concurrent mode like the LM006?

In orderto enable the concurrent mode on the LM006 I followed this tutortial: Random stuff I do sometimes which might or might not be of importance: RTL8192CU and RTL8188CUS in Station and AP mode at the same time

Thank you in advance,
Stefano.

Hello Stefano

We are supporting LM816 with the BSP 2.7b4 (Release date: 2017-10-05). Could you update to this version?
Which driver are you using currently? Is it original from BSP or did you modifly it?
Best regards
Jaski

Hi Jaski, unfortunately I can’t update to BSP 2.7b4.
I think that the BSP 2.7b4 is not suitable for production environment because it is not a stable version.

Currently I am using a patched driver and I enable the concurrent mode.

Btw I found another USB dongle that integrate the same chipset of the LM006. So for now it is not a problem.

Regards,

Stefano.

Hello Stefano

Good that you found a solution. Which USB Dongle are u using?

Best regards

Jaski