LIRC package for colibri-imx6

Hello!
i have a Question, if there way to use LIRC package on colibri-imx6?
i don’t find an Article here about it.

thank you for replay.

Hi

While we did not try it, there is a recipe for lirc in meta-openembedded.
So building that and adding it to the image should work.

P.S. We did not test IRDA support in the imx UART driver. If you intend to use one of the i.MX 6 UART’s in IrDA mode you will need to find the needed configurations and we don’t know about an i.MX 6 GPIO bitbanging driver which would support LIRC.

Max

Hi
could you please give me a hint.
I have searched and found this Article

http://stephan-rafin.net/blog/2014/01/06/cheap-ir-receiver/
https://github.com/wolfgar/linux/commit/52f2afac736c1a6bfbc1dc1439e77fd7ee4f754a

I don’t know if this way will work.

Do you know where i can found needed configurations for LIRC? Or should i make it by myself?

I appreciate your reply.

Hi

The linked article/commit are based on a rather old 3.0.35 kernel.
Also the driver which gets activated by the patch has been added to that specific kernel repository, you would need to port it into the Toradex one.

Max

Hello
I have already added the required configuration
Now I have the problem that driver is not called at boot. I’m meaning there is no modules for lirc if i call lsmod in terminal.
I need tips how I can write in systemd my configuration or how i can add my module to make it work.

I am very appreciated for your reply.

Hi

Please have a look at the directory /etc/modules-load.d/.

Max

Hello

thank you for your replay. I have also another question.
Can i add this ir-keytable to your oe? I can’t found this package in oe-layer.

Hi

Actually such a recipe would belong into one of the upstream software layers.
So I guess an ir-keytable recipe should go to meta-openembedded/meta-oe or some similar software layer.

Max

Hey
i have already maked gpio_ir_recv load. But i face this problem as below:
there is a init.d script which load the driver and make it properly work. If i try to run it then it says this error >>
/etc/init.d/lirc: line 102: log_daemon_msg: command not found
/etc/init.d/lirc: line 116: log_daemon_msg: command not found
look at picture.

No answer!!!

Hi

The error message says that the command log_daemon_msg can not be found, so you have to find out how to install that.

Alternatively you can try if you could comment these two lines. At least from there name they just seem to log stuff.

Alternatively, as you currently seem to use a sysv init script, you may try to find or write an equivalent systemd service script and start your lirc deamon with that.

Max