Linux kernel 4.9 imx on Apalis imx6

Dear Toradex and everyone,

I want to update the default kernel’s version used in Buildroot to newer one which is rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga from https://git.toradex.com. Can you tell me if I can use this version for my Apalis-iMX6 module and which defconfig and DTB should I use? ( imx_v6_v7_defconfig, imx6q-apalis-ixora.dtb respectively seen from Apalis imx6 Mainline Kernel Compilation - Technical Support - Toradex Community )

Thanks and best regards,

I gave a quick trying to compile this kernel’s version but had some problem as following :

arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `init_mmdc_lpddr2_settings':
platform-spi_imx.c:(.text+0x8efc): undefined reference to `imx6sll_lpddr2_freq_change'
arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx6ul_cpuidle_init':
platform-spi_imx.c:(.init.text+0x193c): undefined reference to `mx6ull_lpm_wfi_end'
platform-spi_imx.c:(.init.text+0x1940): undefined reference to `mx6ull_lpm_wfi_start'
platform-spi_imx.c:(.init.text+0x1944): undefined reference to `imx6ull_low_power_idle'
arch/arm/mach-imx/built-in.o: In function `imx6sl_init_late':
platform-spi_imx.c:(.init.text+0x56e4): undefined reference to `imx6sll_cpuidle_init'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `mxsfb_probe':
imx-ocotp.c:(.text+0x4ee90): undefined reference to `mxc_dispdrv_gethandle'
Makefile:969: recipe for target 'vmlinux' failed
make[2]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
package/pkg-generic.mk:238: recipe for target '/home/khang/build/build/linux-rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga/.stamp_built' failed
make[1]: *** [/home/khang/build/build/linux-rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga/.stamp_built] Error 2
Makefile:23: recipe for target '_all' failed
make: *** [_all] Error 2

I think toradex_4.9-2.3.x-imx (which has the apalis_imx6_defconfig) can be used for Apalis-iMX6 module instead. I could build it successfully with imx6q-apalis-eval, imx6q-apalis-ixora DTBs.

The following article on our developer website outlines what exactly to use:

Please note that rel_imx_4.9.x_1.0.0_ga is definite not one of the supported versions.